The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 10:59 PM

tkmuddler is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from the Great Lakes State

I've been a member for a while now, just never posted. Lookin forward to being more involved in some of the great discussions. Thanks for having me!
mcnerney and mridenour like this.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:09 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from the Great Lakes State

Welcome. Always glad to see someone from the great state of Michigan. Hope you've been staying warm
dean_mt likes this.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:59 AM

buddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the rough

warm welcome from the other side of the big lake

your in good company on this forum
Old 01-08-2014, 09:38 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Hey there tk, welcome aboard. I was born and raised in the SW corner, my folks are still there. Sounds like it's living up to the motto this season, The Winter Wonderland. I miss those big lake effect storms.

Where do you fish?
Old 01-08-2014, 11:59 AM

Hey Dean Mt, I live near Gull Lake. Spent a few years in the Muskegon area and several on MSU campus (I was there the last time they won the
Rose Bowl!), but Kalamazoo county has always been home. I'm able to get away a few times a year and head North to the Ausable, Manistee, or the PM. Love getting "Up North", but have learned to take advantagre of what's in my backyard....and that would be the Kalamazoo River. Great Smallmouth fishery and best of all, close to home.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:15 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

I'll be in the PM in the fall! Maybe I'll see you there.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:33 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

TK: Welcome to the forum! It is great to have you posting and participating in the discussions. Looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures.

Larry

Old 01-08-2014, 03:37 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkmuddler View Post
Hey Dean Mt, I live near Gull Lake. Spent a few years in the Muskegon area and several on MSU campus (I was there the last time they won the
Rose Bowl!), but Kalamazoo county has always been home. I'm able to get away a few times a year and head North to the Ausable, Manistee, or the PM. Love getting "Up North", but have learned to take advantagre of what's in my backyard....and that would be the Kalamazoo River. Great Smallmouth fishery and best of all, close to home.
I was way down in the SW corner, Berrien Co., grew up on the big lake. I spent some time in East Lansing as well in early '90s, when they were absolutely terrible in football but pretty decent at basketball.

Have there been lingering effects from the oil spill in the K-zoo River?
Old 01-08-2014, 06:56 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome,

Ya know, I knew a guy when I was in the military from Michigan and he said all Michiganders (michiganites? Michigans?) would tell you where they lived by showing you where on their hand they were from. Any of you guys do this or was he just crazy?

Ryan
Old 01-08-2014, 07:20 PM

Only lingering effects of the oil spill, in my poinion, have been positive ones. They (Enbridge) are still working clean-up in a few isolated areas, but honestly, that river has never been cleaner as far as I can tell. I floated numerous streaches this summer and never saw a single piece of trash. No tires, no shopping carts, no busted coolers, no run away lawn chairs, nothing. No oil film on the bottom of the drifter either

The other positive, from a guy with a driftboat, is that Enbridge installed and then donated to various municipalities, most of their launches. We now have some very nice public boat access where before we had to dump 'em over the bank.

Of course all this came at a pretty big price, not to mention they took away our access for two years. Just a few good thing that have come out of an otherwise total mess.