The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 8 Post By tuholer
  • 1 Post By buddhist_palm
  • 1 Post By williamhj

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 07:41 AM

tuholer is on a distinguished road
Default New Member

Just joined yesterday, looking fwd to reading posts from other fly fishers.
I started flyfishing back in about 1944 with a 25cent bamboo rod. Thought myself to refinish it. Started tying flies in about 1946. Had a big lapse with Air Force and raising a family. Did a lot of spin fishing in between. Got back into flyfishing in 1988 and have been at it ever since. I used to fish almost every day that I could. Moved from N.J. to Arkansas in 1994 on the White River. I fished about every day for a few hours till health problems are keeping me from getting out on the water. Back in Jersey most of my fishing was for Warmwater species. Here in Arkansas I fished mostly for Trout as one of the best Trout water is right in my back yard. I also fished a lot for Smallmouth on Crooked Creek that is just ten minuets from my house.
I still tie a about four shows a year but I miss the big shows back east.
We have a big tying show here in Arkansas in March called The Sowbug Roundup. Stop by and say Hello if you happen to make that show.
Always happy to talk Bamboo rods and Airplanes.
imxer, mcnerney, Rip Tide and 5 others like this.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:09 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Member

Tuholer: Welcome to the forum! You definitely live next to a great trout stream, one of these days I will make it down there. I have heard of the Sowbug Roundup, wish we had something like that here in Wyoming.

Larry

Old 01-10-2014, 08:20 AM

buddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the rough

Fond memories of the white river and mt home in general

my grandparents and uncle retired out there

love to see some photos and some reports from that "neck of the woods"

i think my fondest memory was stopping at a diner and the way to the river, walking in the door, and everyone who was seated already greeted us as we entered. people would wave driving past you on the road.

****that type of hospitality is so foreign here in Chicago****

oh yeah, and the trout

Welcome
mcnerney likes this.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:25 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum! Look forward to seeing pictures of some of your ties.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:40 AM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice

Welcome lots of fun here. I'm in springdale fish the white all the time, again welcome
Old 01-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

to the forum.Tons of infos and lots aof great people here.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:40 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: New Member

Add my warm welcome to the group; look forward to reading your postings.

Fred
Old 01-10-2014, 07:01 PM

ia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forum. My grandparents were from Arkansas.

Last edited by ia_trouter; 01-10-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:03 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forum, great place, great people, enjoy the ride
Old 01-12-2014, 01:24 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

Welcome aboard ! You will enjoy the group here, and I hope you will post often, and share your wisdom