The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ldubs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 09:20 PM

ldubs is on a distinguished road
Default New guy from Northern California

Hello everyone. After spending a few days lurking, I have just registered. Iím located about 25 miles east of San Francisco. About 20 years ago I got rid of the boat and started a long break from fishing. Back then I did about every kind of fishing except for fly fishing. I retired a couple of years ago and despite having a fairly active woodworking hobby, have decided to try my hand at fly fishing (with the severe drought we are having my timing might be just a little less than perfect). I expect I will be taking advantage of your forums to learn more about the sport. After reading just a handful of threads I feel like Iím learning a new language.

Take care.

Larry
mcnerney and fredaevans like this.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:28 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New guy from Northern California

Welcome to the forum Larry, this place is a never ending learning center. Always feel free to ask any questions and usually someone here will answer with advice. Take advantage of the "Search" option, lots of good stuff hidden away in there. Looking forward to reading about your fly fishing adventures.

Dave
Old 02-03-2014, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Larry....you'll find tons of infos and lots of helpful people here
Old 02-03-2014, 06:41 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Larry: Great to have you aboard! The water situation our your way sounds pretty severe, hopefully you will be getting some moisture soon. In the meantime, browse the forum and use the search function, but don't hesitate to ask questions, lots of really knowledgeable folks here that will try to help you learn. Post up some photos of your wood working, we would love to see what you have been doing.

Larry

Old 02-03-2014, 10:20 AM

moxnichts will become famous soon enoughmoxnichts will become famous soon enough

Hello, I look forward to the day when I can contribute as much as a I learn here. Just a commentary I guess on the quality and willingness of the members to help. These water conditions are pretty grim aren't they? Unfortunately the fish stand to lose a bunch. Waiting on the 5th to hear final word on some closures.

For an indicator float trip, its pretty hard to beat a guided trip on the Lower Sac or Trinity. I'm not sure what the forum rules are on plugging specific guides, but several and one in particular have been outstanding over the last few years.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:21 AM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

Hello Larry,
From one Californian to another, welcome to the NAFFF. There are a lot of Golden State fly guys here.

TT: Dave.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:52 PM

ldubs is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I have been scanning through the forum and my head is kind of spinning with all of the new (to me) nomenclature.

The best news is we have had a steady drizzle here in Martinez for about the last 3 hours. Looks like a good chance it will continue through Sunday. I hope it is heavier in the Sierras.

Larry
Old 02-06-2014, 02:53 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Lived, enjoyed, in Santa Rosa and Healdsburg to the north of you. Hurt like heck to see 'small towns' go to heck in a hand basket with too many people. Football/soccer field was a two minute walk from the front door.

Watch the High School foot ball do their thing, Ref the Soccer; that was a 'good thing.'

fae
Old 02-06-2014, 04:18 AM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Hi Larry and welcome to the forum. This is the place to learn, the knowledge here is top notch