The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 06:26 PM

oldnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rough
Default Hi from NW Connecticut

Hi!

I got back into fly fishing last July after a 10 year layoff. Took an Orvis 101 class which was held down the road from me, by the Blackberry River.

I learned a lot.....got some new gear and have been whipping the water to a froth!

I have tons to learn and am looking forward to being an active member of this forum.

Joe
Old 02-04-2014, 06:45 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from NW Connecticut

Joe: Welcome to the forum and it is great to have you back fly fishing!
Looking forward to your participation and hearing about your fly fishing in your area.

Larry

Old 02-04-2014, 06:47 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Joe, we have members at all experience levels and like it that way.

PS: Go to the website below and sign up for the raffle, the odds of winning are high and its "in house" so no worries about getting spam.
February Raffle from Life On The Line Fly Fishing;

Dave
Old 02-04-2014, 07:01 PM

oldnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Dave and Larry.......Larry, niiiiiiice fish!!!!

I've learned so much in the last few months that my head is gonna bust!

The best part is I've got all kinds of different fishing options here, and I mean right here. In ten minutes, I could walk to a trout management river that is stocked with 9,000 trout each year (6,000 yearlings). Everything from pasture pools to white water. It's about 6 miles long, starting from springs up in the mountains. The mountain rises 1,200ft above the river(It's the view from my house).

There are two lakes in the next town stocked with trout and salmon with a river stocked with trophy trout bordering our two towns.

Where do I start?

Thanks for the welcome!

Joe
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:14 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Hi Joe and Welcome to the forum. Lots of great information and great people. Look forward to hearing of your fishing exploits
Old 02-04-2014, 07:42 PM

Thanks Eddie!

You certainly don't have to go far for some great waters.

Do you have a favorite "home" stream or lake?

Joe
Old 02-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnewguy View Post
Thanks Dave and Larry.......Larry, niiiiiiice fish!!!!

I've learned so much in the last few months that my head is gonna bust!

The best part is I've got all kinds of different fishing options here, and I mean right here. In ten minutes, I could walk to a trout management river that is stocked with 9,000 trout each year (6,000 yearlings). Everything from pasture pools to white water. It's about 6 miles long, starting from springs up in the mountains. The mountain rises 1,200ft above the river(It's the view from my house).

There are two lakes in the next town stocked with trout and salmon with a river stocked with trophy trout bordering our two towns.

Where do I start?

Thanks for the welcome!

Joe
Joe: Sounds like you live in a great location to hone your fly fishing skills, have fun and best of luck!

Larry

Old 02-04-2014, 10:19 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnewguy View Post
Thanks Eddie!

You certainly don't have to go far for some great waters.

Do you have a favorite "home" stream or lake?

Joe
Hi Joe, moved to Sherman in June last year, so still checking places out. I do love the Housatonic, great river.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

to the forum Joe.
How could you spend 10 years without fishing?!!after a week I'm depressed
Old 02-05-2014, 03:12 AM

ctshooter has a spectacular aura aboutctshooter has a spectacular aura about

Welcome Joe

I'm right down the road from you, walking distance to East branch of the Naugatuck.

Just got "into" fly fishing after trying poorly to learn some time ago.

Always open to meeting new people and exploring new fishing holes, I have always wanted to hit up the Blackberry.

Feel free to get hold of me

John