The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 11:14 PM

bigfish79 is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from New York

I'm a surfcaster who spends many a night roaming the Long Island beaches fishing for the elusive striped bass but recently caught the fly bug when I took my first trip to Salmon River, NY for Steelhead fly fishing. I'm here to learn and improve my fly fishing skills.

And my dream fly fishing trip would be to Christmas Island for GTs.
theboz and siege like this.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:05 AM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hello from New York

Welcome to the forum !
I love it here..... It's like the Radio Shack of fishing. You got questions, we got answers. There are very knowledgeable people here who will gladly share that knowledge. Ask lots of questions, and also share your wisdom and experience, too.
It's an awesome forum with awesome members, glad that you're one of them now
Old 02-05-2014, 12:32 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Bigfish, lots of good people hang out here, from all persuasions and fly fishing experience levels. Feel free to ask questions and don't forget try out the search feature, lots of good info hidden in there. One of our members is holding a raffle this month to promote his blog and guiding service in Alaska and the prizes are two great teaching books on fly fishing. All you have to do is go to the site I have posted below and just say "Hello" and no you won't be getting spam but there is lot of great stories on his blog site.

February Raffle from Life On The Line Fly Fishing;

Dave
bigfish79 likes this.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:17 AM

gzarboni is a glorious beacon of lightgzarboni is a glorious beacon of lightgzarboni is a glorious beacon of lightgzarboni is a glorious beacon of lightgzarboni is a glorious beacon of lightgzarboni is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome aboard. This is a great place to learn. Ask lots of questions and you will get great advice. I also like to fish the Salmon river in NY. If you are looking for someone to fish with give me a shout. I am sure we can meet up somewhere. I will be going in April for steelhead.
Glen
littledavid123 and bigfish79 like this.

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...logs/gzarboni/
Old 02-05-2014, 02:06 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

to the forum....great place to learn
Old 02-05-2014, 04:34 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Asylum! I'm told I'm kept in Ward 3 but the door is locked so not really sure.

Would love to join you chasing some 'bones' in warm water. Odd off as it may sound I've never fished for warm water fish.

Fred
Old 02-05-2014, 06:23 AM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forum, great place, great people, enjoy
Old 02-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Bigfish: Welcome to the forum! Great to have you aboard.

Larry

Old 02-05-2014, 09:37 AM

oldnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rough

Welcome,

I just found this forum too.

Joe
Old 02-05-2014, 10:39 AM

bigfish79 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Welcome to the Asylum! I'm told I'm kept in Ward 3 but the door is locked so not really sure.

Would love to join you chasing some 'bones' in warm water. Odd off as it may sound I've never fished for warm water fish.

Fred
Fred,

There is no bone fishing NE where I am...you have to go south. But it is on my to-do list.

-BigFish

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzarboni View Post
Welcome aboard. This is a great place to learn. Ask lots of questions and you will get great advice. I also like to fish the Salmon river in NY. If you are looking for someone to fish with give me a shout. I am sure we can meet up somewhere. I will be going in April for steelhead.
Glen
I was there in November for the first time and I fell in love...what a beautiful place. I'll be up there couple of times this year, already have 4 days booked during September for some Salmon fishing and few days in December for Steelhead. I

-BigFish

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.