The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By oz angler
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2014, 02:31 PM

oz angler will become famous soon enoughoz angler will become famous soon enough
Default New member from OZ.

Hello from Australia,
I recently joined the forum. I live and work in rural fringe town about 60kms NE of Melbourne in Victoria. I'm fortunate in that there is very good trout fishing in the local creeks, even the one that runs through the town centre. I occasionally drive an hour or so for the all day "expedition" but the local waters keep me more than happy. I mostly fly fish but sometimes cast a lure when lake fishing when the trout are taunting me just out of my fly casting range! Looking forward to browsing the forum.
Cheers,
Steve.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:35 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New member from OZ.

Steve: Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to your participation, lots of great folks on this site to talk fly fishing with.

Larry
Eddie O'Neill likes this.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:42 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi Steve.
From another Aussie whose been around here for a quite a few years Welcome also you will find this is about The Friendliest Forum on The Net & as we say all The Guys here are really Top Blokes & The Women are also Beaut.

Unfortunately we don't have The Fishing as Good in our area & as close as you do.
Brian
Old 02-28-2014, 08:20 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: New member from OZ.

Add my welcome from 12,000'ish miles to the North East of you. Minor suggestion go back into your user CP and add your location. Many times a question gets asked but the location really pins down better answers.

Fred
Eddie O'Neill likes this.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:19 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forum Steve. Great place and great people here, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:03 PM

oz angler will become famous soon enoughoz angler will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the welcome to the forum. Top Blokes and Beaut Women (or should that be Sheilas?)--what more could you ask for?
Cheers,
Steve.

PS Blokes and Sheilas are OZ terms for men and women and no disrespect is meant or intended with either word.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:27 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

Welcome aboard, Steve !
I hope we hear a lot from you on your fishing adventures. Sounds like you live in fishing heaven. This is a very friendly forum, with members from all over the globe. Using your local terms won't offend anyone here, most of us enjoy a little local color.
Glad to have you join us !
Old 03-03-2014, 03:17 PM

G'Day siege,

Thanks for the welcome, much appreciated.
The longer I live in my town, the more I come across fishing opportunities close to home. Every little creek or run that I drive over gets checked out. Some spots are quite isolated and the thought sometimes crosses my mind "What if I slipped while wading and broke a leg or whatever?" The usual reaction to this is "I'll just try around the next bend, first!".
You wrote that I seem to live in fishing heaven. I'm just making best use of what have in my own backyard. Do you have any places near home that you dont consider just because they are close to home? You may be surprised.
Cheers,
Steve.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:21 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to hearing about the other side of the world.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:13 PM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome to the forum Oz.
I used to study and live in Perth, WA for 2 years. I missed the time drinking Emu Bitter while watching the West Coast Eagles vs Fremantle Dockers at the Subiaco Oval with my best friend there.

The fishing is always good in this forum Oz.