Hello from SLC, Utah

smoothie

Reaction score
Hi. I'm Matt. I'm a fly fishing addict.

I stumbled upon this site recently, and I love it. It gives me my daily "fix" on days that I can't make it to the river...which is happening too often lately.

Excited to meet you all and learn more about fly fishing together.

[/URL][/IMG]

comeonavs

Reaction score
Welcome fellow addict,

Word of warning these guys don't want to help cure you of your addiction. They will pour fuel on the fire.

Keep the Utah pictures coming. I covered Utah for 5 years for work and it is one of the most beautiful places on the planet in my opinion.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Matt: Likewise, keep those awesome photos coming! Sure helps with the cabin fever on the days we can't get out.

Larry

Joni

Reaction score
Hey Matt, Mojo an myself are SL too. We will be at the Wasatch Tying Expo. Look us up!

fyshstykr

Reaction score
Hi Matt, welcome to the neighborhood!

I'm just up the road from you also, about 20 miles North though.

troutn

Reaction score
Welcome Matt! I have been through your fine state and remember catching a fine brown on my first hand tied Mosquito!
Rick

smoothie

Reaction score
What part of the Weber are you on (in the photo)?
Mojo, the photo of me above is actually not in Utah. It's in Alaska on the Kanektok River (not too far from Bristol Bay). I've had other people see this photo and also think it was the Weber. I think it's because the image is so sunny and bright...it just doesn't have that normal Alaskan feel to it.

I do fish the Weber quite often though. Can't wait till they bump up the flows a little from Echo. I love that stretch up in Henefer when the cfs is right around 100 or so.

M

mridenour

Welcome to the forum. I'll give you lots of advice you probably shouldn't read. Hey, that's the way I roll, Jack!

mojo

Reaction score
Mojo, the photo of me above is actually not in Utah. It's in Alaska on the Kanektok River (not too far from Bristol Bay). I've had other people see this photo and also think it was the Weber. I think it's because the image is so sunny and bright...it just doesn't have that normal Alaskan feel to it.

I do fish the Weber quite often though. Can't wait till they bump up the flows a little from Echo. I love that stretch up in Henefer when the cfs is right around 100 or so.
It looks like the Weber around the Morgan area.

Joni

Reaction score
I think the mountain in the back ground was too small to be in the Weber area. But, I wasn't sure about Logan or Ogden. Alaska is a far cry from what we thought...LOL