The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   Mostly new (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/349244-mostly-new.html)

dmadsen 04-18-2014 10:58 AM

Mostly new

I've been a member awhile but haven't introduced myself. My wife & I recently moved to Dillon, MT from the midwest for semi-retirement after vacationing in this part of the world since 1971. The plan was/is to work part time as a veterinarian to support my fishing habit. Unfortunately, between the weather & calving season, I've only fished 1 1/2 hours the first 10 weeks we've been here. That'll change! I'll also be looking for Ruffed Grouse habitat come fall, now that my surgically fused ankle will allow me to walk in the timber. I look forward to more news & pictures from all the members, particularly any Purdue Boilermakers!
Dave

mcnerney 04-18-2014 12:37 PM

Re: Mostly new

Dave: Welcome to the forum! You certainly picked a great location for retirement, once that happens, now to figure out how to get to semi-retirement! :D

Larry

Hardyreels 04-18-2014 02:53 PM

Hey Dave,

You are off on the good foot here by making an introduction and letting people know where you are at. it's hard to believe how many folks we get joining and then asking questions about fishing without considering that location means so much when it comes to replies.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you post often enough so we don't forget that you're here :)

Ard

mridenour 04-18-2014 02:55 PM

Awesome plan! Welcome to the forum. Find a lot of good spots to fish so you can share them with me next time I visit that area!:eek:

fredaevans 04-18-2014 04:35 PM

Subject to correction here but I think one of our most established members lives in Dillon. Nothing beats local info, cups of coffee (well maybe a adult quaff), and a road map.;)

Welcome!

Fred

pm287 04-18-2014 05:31 PM

Hey dude, you have no excuses any more......there is a package on the way to help get you into fishing. Heard a rumor the skwala hatch may start this weekend. Oh and a little something for the boss.

Peaches

p.s. nice thumbnail photo above

troutn 04-18-2014 06:19 PM

Dave, welcome to the forum! The members are a valuable resource, across the country, in giving advice and help. Especially recently, on a trip to a new area. I love fishing new areas, but the learning curve can be discouraging unless you hire a guide.
Keep in touch!

williamhj 04-18-2014 09:01 PM

Welcome! Thanks for saying hello.

lv2nymph 04-19-2014 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardyreels (Post 659349)
Hey Dave,

it's hard to believe how many folks we get joining and then asking questions about fishing without considering that location means so much when it comes to replies.

Ard

This is very true, especially given the fact it's country & more wide in here. I think it's easy to think that everybody's in "your neck of the woods". Good to hear about you, welcome aboard.

siege 04-20-2014 11:27 PM

Welcome to the forum, Dave. You picked a great place to settle down. You are in "striking distance" of some great fishing water, and interesting western history. Enjoy !