The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By dmadsen
  • 2 Post By Hardyreels
  • 1 Post By mridenour

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 10:58 AM

dmadsen is on a distinguished road
Default Mostly new

I've been a member awhile but haven't introduced myself. My wife & I recently moved to Dillon, MT from the midwest for semi-retirement after vacationing in this part of the world since 1971. The plan was/is to work part time as a veterinarian to support my fishing habit. Unfortunately, between the weather & calving season, I've only fished 1 1/2 hours the first 10 weeks we've been here. That'll change! I'll also be looking for Ruffed Grouse habitat come fall, now that my surgically fused ankle will allow me to walk in the timber. I look forward to more news & pictures from all the members, particularly any Purdue Boilermakers!
Dave
Old 04-18-2014, 12:37 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mostly new

Dave: Welcome to the forum! You certainly picked a great location for retirement, once that happens, now to figure out how to get to semi-retirement!

Larry

Old 04-18-2014, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hey Dave,

You are off on the good foot here by making an introduction and letting people know where you are at. it's hard to believe how many folks we get joining and then asking questions about fishing without considering that location means so much when it comes to replies.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you post often enough so we don't forget that you're here

Ard
mcnerney and lv2nymph like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-18-2014, 02:55 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Awesome plan! Welcome to the forum. Find a lot of good spots to fish so you can share them with me next time I visit that area!
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:35 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Subject to correction here but I think one of our most established members lives in Dillon. Nothing beats local info, cups of coffee (well maybe a adult quaff), and a road map.

Welcome!

Fred
Old 04-18-2014, 05:31 PM

pm287 is on a distinguished road

Hey dude, you have no excuses any more......there is a package on the way to help get you into fishing. Heard a rumor the skwala hatch may start this weekend. Oh and a little something for the boss.

Peaches

p.s. nice thumbnail photo above
Old 04-18-2014, 06:19 PM

troutn has a spectacular aura abouttroutn has a spectacular aura about

Dave, welcome to the forum! The members are a valuable resource, across the country, in giving advice and help. Especially recently, on a trip to a new area. I love fishing new areas, but the learning curve can be discouraging unless you hire a guide.
Keep in touch!
Old 04-18-2014, 09:01 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome! Thanks for saying hello.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:01 AM

lv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hey Dave,

it's hard to believe how many folks we get joining and then asking questions about fishing without considering that location means so much when it comes to replies.

Ard
This is very true, especially given the fact it's country & more wide in here. I think it's easy to think that everybody's in "your neck of the woods". Good to hear about you, welcome aboard.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:27 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum, Dave. You picked a great place to settle down. You are in "striking distance" of some great fishing water, and interesting western history. Enjoy !