The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 03:08 PM

DrewKilleen is on a distinguished road
Default Hello From Maryland

Hello,

I've been fishing since I was a boy, but I'm new to fly fishing. In the Summer I live on the Chester River, a large estuary off of the mid-Chesapeake Bay. This past summer I managed to catch a few fish; mostly White Perch. It was a lot of fun ad I plan to move up to trout fishing near my home in Catonsville Maryland very soon. I look forward to learning a lot from the members here.

DK
Old 03-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Hello From Maryland

Hi Drew,

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of helpful people on the forum. Don't be bashful about asking questions.

After you get to be a very good fly caster I think you are in a good area for Stripers.

Frank
Old 03-06-2008, 06:11 PM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

Welcome Drew...........

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 03-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Welcome to the group! Do y'all get redfish/red drum up in that estuary?

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:48 PM

Thanks, I'm looking forward to learning a lot here.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:06 PM

Thanks to all for the hearty welcome. Stripers are the main target in this area. Bluefish are also popular for their fight, but they're toothy little buggers and they really rip things up. It usually requires wire leader to land them. We're lucky, White Perch and Croaker abound and are a lot of fun on fly tackle. As soon as the water warms up to 50 deg or so the Yellow Perch will begin to sapwn. They're prized for their roe (fried), but not my cup of tea so to speak. I've heard stories of Red Drum in the area years ago. Nothing here recently as far as I know. Chartreuse/White Clousers fished at varying sizes and depths will take any of the above here. DK
Old 03-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Hello D.K.
Welcome to the forum.
Seen a couple shows on Bluefish, they look like a ton o fun!!

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 03-07-2008, 04:33 AM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about

Hi Drew
We are not to far apart i fish the entire eastern shore and the ocean side also mostly by boat but do wade alot in the spring. It wont be long and our season will be getting started. Welcome to the forum enjoy and if you ever want to hook up let me know.
Jim