The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 10:50 AM

Arkie24 has a spectacular aura aboutArkie24 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: New Members Please Read

Dustin,

It is good to see others from the Northwest Arkansas area. I also fish Roaring River and the White river. I live in Rogers and look forward to possibly getting together sometime to learn more.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:22 PM

Joe Foo is on a distinguished road

Good afternoon Frank and all the members I'm a fairly new convert to the flyrod for my age, about four or five years or so.
I live in Jersey and have all my life never more than five minutes from the beach.

Joe
Old 03-16-2009, 11:48 AM

Joe E Burton is on a distinguished road
Re: New Members Please Read

Just wanted to say hello. Am relatively new fly tyer and am looking forward to some tips and feedback from here.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

hey Joe, welcome to the forum. There's sticky in the fly tying section with some tips that might be good to check out.

Glad you found us. Feel free to ask questions, post pics of your flies, and just jump in on discussions.

Where abouts are you and what do you fish for?

mark
Old 03-17-2009, 09:45 AM

Joe E Burton is on a distinguished road

I do both saltwater and freshwater fly fishing primarily along the Gulf coast south of San Antonio Texas. We have great redfish sight casting. Also just north of San Antonio is the southern most tailwater fishery in the Northern Hemisphere along the Guadalupe River. This is from Canyon Lake in the hill country of Texas. Primarily stocked Rainbow with some holdover in years where floods are not too bad.

Regards,
JEB
Old 03-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

It's always good to have another SW guy on the board--- i think BigCliff (a moderator on this board) does a lot of TX redfishing too.

mark
Old 04-02-2009, 05:18 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi Frank.
It's good to find a site where everyone's friendly & helpful,to one another,as I'm in Australia,even though we have good rivers & lakes,we don't have the multitude you have,or the people,who are up to date on all the latest gear.
Cheers.
liphooked.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:29 PM

SugarKane Rods Ltd. is on a distinguished road

Hello, My Name is Earle and I'm the owner of SugarKane Rods Ltd., here in California. This is my first time here and I really liked the site so I decided to join. I have been a bamboo rod builder for some time now and enjoy the sport of fly fishing very much. I have a cabin back east in a little town called Valleyhead, Wva ( 30 miles south of Elkins ) and go there often to fly fish the Elk, Tygart and Greenbriar Rivers. The fishing is some of the best I have ever experience there and the only place I have ever seen flyguys useing #32 flies. Its really an experience to get ahold of a 6-8pd brown on a #32 fly. I am in the process of writing a book as I speak about the Elk River and its many secrets. Hopefully it will be out in book stores by next spring. Between building bamboo rods for customers and writing, I only have little time to get out on the rivers. Last year I could only go once but it was fantasic. I went and fished the Truckee River up at Lake Tahoe here in California and had a blast.
Anyways, thats alittle about myself and hope to talk to everyone soon. Take care and Tight Lines
Old 04-02-2009, 05:43 PM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about

welcome Sugarkane! I was born near Elkins in a small community called Ellamore. I have not had the pleasure of fishing over there yet but hope to soon.

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:51 PM

SugarKane Rods Ltd. is on a distinguished road

Pleasuse to meet you...if you ever get down that way drop me a email and we'll get together and do some fishing....I really love it down there and the folks are great....take care .....Earle