The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2014, 01:13 PM

sled51merc is on a distinguished road
Default New Guy From Colorado

Hello everyone,

I thought I would introduce myself as it seems that is the polite thing to do on most forums. My name is Mike and I live in Colorado Springs. So I am spoiled with all the quality fishing that's so close by. I love fishing the South Platte of course, 11 Mile Canyon and the Dream Stream. I haven't fished Deckers or Cheesman Canyon in years. The Arkansas is always a favorite also. I do love to get over to the Colorado when I get a chance, but that's not very often. One of these days I'd like to get up to Montana and if I was real lucky Alaska someday. Anyways it looks like there is alot of good info and conversation on here so I look forward to being a member. Oh I almost forgot, I do love old cars also so that's where my member name comes from.

Thanks,

sled
Old 06-23-2014, 01:32 PM

nickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New Guy From Colorado

Welcome, Sled. You live in a great town, and you already know about the great fishing. If you haven't fished Deckers in years, you're ok in my book. It's only gotten more crowded. I left Colorado last fall for the Maine coast, lived up the road in the Jeffco mountains.
sled51merc likes this.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:38 PM

oldnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rougholdnewguy is a jewel in the rough

Welcome to the forum!

I'm new here as well and I've found a host of great information as well as more that a few healthy laughs.

Colorado is beautiful. It's been many moons since I backpacked and camped there. I'm just making do with my little corner of New England and having a great time fishing the fly.

Tight lines,

Joe
sled51merc likes this.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:45 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Sled, there are a lot of good folks here and we are always interested to hear from new members.

Dave
sled51merc likes this.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:55 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Sled: Welcome to the forum! I lived in Colorado Springs in the early 80's, a beautiful place for sure, glad to have you join in and looking forward to your participation.
sled51merc likes this.

Old 06-25-2014, 11:10 PM

double d is on a distinguished road

Welcome and yes you have a great location to live and to fly in! I'm a CSU grad (1992), loved Fort Collins and of course, the fishing ain't to bad up north of you.
sled51merc likes this.

"It is ourselves that we conquer, not the mountain." Sir Edmund Hillary, 1959
Old 06-25-2014, 11:12 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome! There is great fishing in Colorado I'm sure you'll find a lot of good info here and I look forward to hearing about your fishing trips.
sled51merc likes this.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:55 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Mike.You're spoilt indeedI love old cars too....but I'm not rich enough to own one...
sled51merc likes this.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:01 AM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of

Hi Mike.
Welcome to The Forum.
Brian
sled51merc likes this.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:24 PM

cab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura about

Howdy! Live in CSCO myself. Prefer the Ark, it's improved dramatically in recent years. Everyone loves lead sleds, don't they?

CAB