The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By rick70
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By jpbfly
  • 1 Post By james w 3 3
  • 1 Post By fredaevans
  • 1 Post By rick70
  • 1 Post By swampdonkey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2014, 06:42 AM

rick70 is on a distinguished road
Smile Tasmanian Devil

Hey all,
Just a short intro.

My name is Rick and I am posting from Tasmania, Australia.

Tasmania is definitely the trout capital of Australia, with sparkling, clear rivers and creeks to pristine highland tarns and lakes! Ask anyone where they would like to catch a wild trout in Australia, the answer would be Tassie! This year marks 150 years since trout were shipped from Britain to Tasmania as ova on ice!! Now we are catching 10lb+ monsters in our western lakes!

I am heading to "the states" in around four years and am looking forward to fishing Wyoming, Montana and in particular Idaho!!

My wife of 14 years and my five year old son love trout fishing and have a cabin at Great Lake, Tasmania (google it)!

Look forward to meeting a few of you!

Match the hatch....

Cheers
Rick
ejsell likes this.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:00 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tasmanian Devil

Rick: Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures from Tasmania.
rick70 likes this.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

to the forum....hope you're not as mean as a tasmanian devil
for those who don't know what those beasts are...have a look here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyvPjn2m240
rick70 likes this.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:24 AM

swampdonkey has a spectacular aura aboutswampdonkey has a spectacular aura about

Rick,

My brother is currently stationed in Australia via a military exchange with the Air Force. He is planning on making a trip to Tasmania in the near future to fly fish for trout. Would you mind if he contacted you with the some general questions?

Welcome to the forum.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:42 AM

james w 3 3 is a jewel in the roughjames w 3 3 is a jewel in the roughjames w 3 3 is a jewel in the rough

Welcome!!
I hope to read many posts of some of the Tasmanian techniques and venues in the future.
rick70 likes this.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:17 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Add my warm welcome from Southern Oregon! Good thing for me is the Rogue River is less than a 10 minute drive .... and Summer Run Steelhead are showing up already! Little early yet for the King Salmon run.

Fred
rick70 likes this.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:40 AM

rick70 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the welcome all!

No problem Swampdonkey. I will send you a message with my email and you can pass it on to your brother.

Season is re-opening here in around two weeks so am starting to get a little pumped!
mcnerney likes this.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:25 AM

swampdonkey has a spectacular aura aboutswampdonkey has a spectacular aura about

Much appreciated!

When you make it out to Montana look me up. Floats on me.
rick70 likes this.