The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2014, 05:39 PM

ponycarman has a spectacular aura aboutponycarman has a spectacular aura aboutponycarman has a spectacular aura about
Default New fly fisherman and member saying hi!

Just dropped by to say hello to all. My name is Mark, I am 26 and live in upstate SC. I am a new member and fly fisherman. Been researching it for a while but was put off because it looked difficult. After watching a few helpful video it didn't appear as hard as it looked. So I gave it a shot. Went to the local fly shop and bought a redington crosswater 5wt combo. I practiced a couple days and then went to a local lake. Had a blast and got a handful of bream and one tiny little bass. Went for the second trip last saturday and came away empty handed. Nothing caught and only one nibble all day. My dad also had no luck. The weather was rough with fairly heavy rain all day. Might have something to do with it.

Also looking to pick up a decent vise in the next week or so and give tying some flys a go. Looks fun

Anyways, I am loving fly fishing and look forward to continuing to do it and learn more about it. I have already found a wealth of info around here.

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited by ponycarman; 07-21-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:35 PM

BigJim2x is a jewel in the roughBigJim2x is a jewel in the roughBigJim2x is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New fly fisherman and member saying hi!

Welcome. I hope you have a great deal of disposable income.

2x
Old 07-21-2014, 08:48 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Mark: Welcome to the forum and the sport of fly fishing!
hairwing530 and ponycarman like this.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:01 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome mark,

You'll like it around here, lots of knowledgeable people who are nice.

Ryan
Old 07-21-2014, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hello Mark!

Welcome to the best forum on the net buddy

Ard
hairwing530 and ponycarman like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-21-2014, 09:24 PM

ponycarman has a spectacular aura aboutponycarman has a spectacular aura aboutponycarman has a spectacular aura about

Thanks fella's. I'm having a blast already with it. I definitely need to keep practicing but I have already improved I think. I can't wait to get out for another go.

Haven't had any disposable income for a while ha. Too many hobbies. The list just gets longer and longer
mcnerney, hairwing530 and siege like this.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:16 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hello Mark!

Welcome to the best forum on the net buddy

Ard
I'll second Ard's welcome!
ponycarman likes this.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:38 AM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponycarman View Post
Thanks fella's. I'm having a blast already with it. I definitely need to keep practicing but I have already improved I think. I can't wait to get out for another go.

Haven't had any disposable income for a while ha. Too many hobbies. The list just gets longer and longer

I know what that's like, I like to hunt, ride bikes, and fly fish and tie. None are cheap!

Ryan
ponycarman likes this.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:39 AM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

Howdy from the north.
ponycarman likes this.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:28 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

And, I'll add my "Welcome to THE forum!" You're going to meet some of the finest fly fishermen and all-around good folks on the planet while wandering around this site...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
noreaster and ponycarman like this.