The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By nvkevin
  • 1 Post By james w 3 3
  • 1 Post By nvkevin
  • 1 Post By mcnerney

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2014, 12:14 PM

nvkevin is on a distinguished road
Default New Guy from NE Nevada

Hello everyone. New guy to the forums. I live in NE Nevada, Spring Creek to be exact, at the base of the Ruby Mountains. I have been fishing since I was a little kid and fly fishing since my teenage years with my grandpa's old rods and reels. I am recently getting back into the sport. I have a basic understanding of the fly cast and fly fishing in general, but I still consider myself extremely beginner.

I mostly fish small streams and mountain lakes with some smaller rivers mixed in. I will be taking my first float trip on the Snake River, Jackson area, here in about 3 weeks. My family has a couple of houses in Bondurant, WY so I do quite a bit of fishing in that area as well.

I'm sure I will have plenty of newbie questions and maybe a little advice haha. Great site here and I plan to learn a lot from everyone here.
mcnerney and fredaevans like this.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Guy from NE Nevada

to the forum...feel free to ask all the questions you want...there are lots of helpful and experienced people here
Old 07-22-2014, 09:21 PM

james w 3 3 is a jewel in the roughjames w 3 3 is a jewel in the roughjames w 3 3 is a jewel in the rough

Welcome!!
This is a great group, just embrace the "no such thing as a bad question" philosophy.
Perhaps we'll be able to pry some photos of the pretty little streams of the Rubies out of you in the future . . . beautiful country there in your back yard.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:51 PM

nvkevin is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

Just got in from a quick little trip up to the Rubies. I meant to take some pics of the stream I was fishing and then forgot. I did however catch my first tiger trout!! I'll post some pictures and a thread in the appropriate section here in a few minutes.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:25 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin: Welcome to the forum! Hopefully, we can get together for some Wyoming fly fishing when you come out in August.
nvkevin likes this.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:13 PM

amertens is on a distinguished road

Welcome Kevin! Fellow northern Nevada here. Used to live in elko, still got family there. Live north of Winnemucca now. I already commented on your other thread about the tigers but didn't realize you were a new member. Maybe we will bump into each other someday!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk