The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By fieldgrade
  • 1 Post By siege
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 2 Post By photoguy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2014, 11:06 AM

fieldgrade is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from ID

Hello all. New guy from Clearwater County Idaho here.
I'm nowhere near what one would consider a fly fishing purist. More of a hunter that occasionally fishes, but I do enjoy fly fishing (mostly for pan fish) in the summer.
I'm 64, a retired widower living with three good hunting dogs. Chase birds in the fall and then run a little trap line and chase a few Cats and **** with my Cur dog once winter sets in and the big game hunters go home.
Last year I did really well at the fur sale so I splurged and bought a new solo canoe and a 9' 6wt TFO/Orvis combo with some of the money. Started looking around on the interweb for some info on Smallies with a fly now that I can get out on the local resivour and stumbled across this place. It seems friendly enough without allot of politics/religion so I thought I'd join up and see if an old dogman can learn a few new tricks.

I'll just add that as stated above "I'm not a purist" so I do keep enough fish for a meal, but I never take more than I can eat that day. No more than I fish/catch/eat I doubt that I'm much of a threat to any echo systems though.

Oops,,,, it appears that the slang for Raccoon is forboten.
mcnerney, siege and smilingduck like this.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:33 AM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hello from ID

Welcome to the forum, from across the state. Glad to have you join us. There's lots of great people here, and they share a lot of the same interests you have.
In the winter I envy the temperatures out your way. Being about 3,000 ' higher here, the fishing is a bit different, and we don't have as many opportunities for warm water fishing, but the trout fishing isn't bad.
Keep us up to speed on what you're catching, ask questions, make some friends, and stick around. You'll like it here
mcnerney likes this.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum! I'm at 7,200 ft so there isn't much in warm water fishing around here, but I love to get out with my grandson who lives in Miliken, CO and go smallie fishing. Looking forward to your participation.
siege likes this.

Old 08-02-2014, 12:22 PM

photoguy will become famous soon enoughphotoguy will become famous soon enough

Welcome.
I went to school in the northern part of the state...beautiful country.
mcnerney and siege like this.