The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By freshwaterscholar_18
  • 4 Post By fredaevans
  • 2 Post By jpbfly
  • 1 Post By freshwaterscholar_18

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2014, 09:10 PM

freshwaterscholar_18 is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from SoCal

Hi everyone,

So I'm a new member here and also to the wonderful world of fly fishing. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can from all of you and making new friends!

Just a little bit about myself, I usually fish in a small stream for trout with a 8'6" 5wt. That's the only rig I've got so far. But I also started tying flies which I'm able to do more often than fish! (I know, sad right?) Anyways, I'm looking forward to reading your posts and learning new tips. Please forgive me ahead of time if I ask a lot of basic questions.

Thanks,
Old 08-30-2014, 04:42 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from SoCal

Welcome to the Asylum .... I'm told Ard and Larry have me locked in Ward 3. But being the doors locked I can't confirm.

Sounds like your 'set up,' and So-Cal mountain streams, is spot on. Keep posting and us all informed how the fishing is going.

Fred
Old 08-30-2014, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

to the forum and to...the addictionTons of infos and lots of great people here
Old 08-30-2014, 04:52 PM

freshwaterscholar_18 is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys, for the warm welcome.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:23 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to you're participation and reading about your fly fishing adventures.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:31 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshwaterscholar_18 View Post
Thanks guys, for the warm welcome.
Only thing that will 'Make it better' is a Yellow Lab. Amazing how these Dog's can 'communicate.' "You Sir .. are one dumb pile of PoPo; the fly has to be there."

Most of the time Sandy's got it right. Old 'Husky' just flaked out on the beach behind me; another nap time for him. He knew I wasn't going to catch diddly. But we had great nap times on the beach gravel. Other dog curled up in my arm.

Good times, very good times.

fae
Old 09-17-2014, 12:44 PM

darkshadow is just really nicedarkshadow is just really nicedarkshadow is just really nicedarkshadow is just really nice

Welcome! I am from your neck of the woods (although SoCal is a big neck).

The 8'5" 5 weight that you have is my usual go to when fishing larger rivers (Kern, Owens, for example).

For my adventures into our local mountains here, I will pack a 7'6" 3 weight, which makes maneuvering in our canopy filled creeks a lot easier, and makes line management a bit less cumbersome.

That is definitely my go to for our local watering holes.