The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 07:28 AM

Guy will become famous soon enough
Default Hello from Alberta

Hi all, I'm new to this board, I hail from central Alberta. First grabbed a fly rod as a teenager back in 1969 and I was an "all tackle angler" for the next dozen years. By the early 80's I found myself reaching more often for the fly rod than any other rod until it got to the point in 1984 that I became an exclusive fly fishing snob. Today I do cast the odd spin or bait caster in saltwater on occasion, but still pretty much live and die with the long rod.

Neat board you guys have here. I am looking forward to conversing online with you all.

Happy St Pats and Tight lines!

Guy
Old 03-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Hello from Alberta

Hi Guy,

Welcome to the forum. Always nice to have another experienced fly fisher on board. My favorite way to fish has always been with the fly rod. but I am a firm believer in using the right tool for the job. Done here in Florida I have 8 rods on the Bass boat all the time and none of them are a fly rod. Certain times of the year or on certain water I carry a fly rod and enjoy it. But if I am after big bass I usually have a casting rod or spinning rod in my hand. A fly rod doesn't work well with a 3/4 oz jig or spinner bait.

Frank
Old 03-17-2008, 09:42 PM

doc will become famous soon enough

Hey great, another Albertan. The more the merrier

Pretty much the only time I pick up a spinning rod now is to set up my daughters rod. Pike, Walleye and trout are all caught on the fly with this fly guy.

Welcome to the board Guy.

Cheers,
Doc
Old 03-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Guy,
Always good to have another crazy "Cunnuck"(sp) around.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-17-2009, 09:38 PM

king of the ram is on a distinguished road

im 14 years old my name is zack and im from central alberta all i will fish with is a fly rod i prefer the mountain streams i can't stand using a spinning rod it just doesn't feel right
Old 01-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*