The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 08:08 PM

jnoflane2 is on a distinguished road
Default New Colorado Member

Hello everyone. It is with excitement that I can announce my 'newness' to the world of Fly Fishing.

I grew up in Central Eastern Oregon and spent many of my afternoons, with a spinning real in my hands, fishing for Rainbows on the upper John Day River. Looking back, I am saddened that I didn't learn to enjoy Fly Fishing at an earlier age. Regardless, I did learn the thrill of catching Rainbows and an occasional Cut Throat.

Upon moving to Colorado 6 years ago, the wife, kids and I began to enjoy Rocky Mountain Camping. Most of our camping was accompanied with fishing, but as my father taught me, I taught my kids about the finer points of spinning reels and spinner baits, maybe an occasional worm.

It was on one of those camping trips that I stumbled into a Wal-Mart and on a wild hair, decided to pick up one of those "all in one", $29.95 Fly Fishing Outfits. I didn't learn a lot, but I did experience the thrill of seeing a 10" Trout hit a top water fly.....OUTSTANDING!!!!

So....Flashing 4 years forward in the future, I celebrated a landmark event yesterday. Yesterday, March 27th, my familiy and I celebrated my 40th birthday. My outstandingly, phenomenal wife took the initiative to purchase me some decent Fly Fishing Gear. (She got the idea a couple of months ago when we were watching A River Runs Through It, and I made the statement....."Man I would love to do that."

Anyway.....here is my gear.....

Albright TW 5/6 Reel
Albright TW 905/6-4 9' #5/6 Rod
Proline Insulated Hip Waders with the built in Boots
Columbia PFG Fishing Vest

And then today, I headed down to the shop and picked up a passle of flies.

I think I am just about ready to head out and make a fool of myself, but that is why I have joined this forum. This is a place for me to be a student and soak up the pointers and learn.

Thanks in advance for all the info and Fly Fishing wisdom.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:10 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: New Colorado Member

Welcome to the best forum and the wonderful sport of fly fishing. Jump right in waters warm!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 03-28-2008, 10:07 PM

trout champ will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forums!

Colorado is an awsome place to fly fish. There are awsome streams and rivers within a couple hours drive from Falcon. My favorites: Taryall Creek, anywhere along the Platte, and the Arkansas. Have fun and be safe.

Randy
Old 03-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Welcome to the group! You're well located to enjoy this sport quite alot.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi jnoflane2,

Welcome to the forum. I hope the forum and its very knowledgeable members can make your learning curve a bit shorter. There is a lot of good fishing in Colorado and fishing with the family makes it even better.

Frank
Old 03-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi jnoflane2,
Your wife is a good woman, you better hold on tight to her!

Glad you have joined us here, remember there are no dumb questions, so don't be afraid to ask.
Also remember the "search" feature, it can be very useful.

Oh yea, "GO BRONCOS!!!"

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 03-30-2008, 03:53 PM

jnoflane2 is on a distinguished road

Everyone, thanks for the kind geetings. Yep, I have already learned the 'search feature' and am learning a lot. When I have a question that I cannot find the answer for.....I will post with confidence.