The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hello from SE Wyoming

I stumbled into this site and it looks like a good source for fly fishing info. and some good folks. I live in Laramie, WY and look to fish on the North Platte near Saratoga, WY and the Grey Reef near Casper with my new boat.
Last week I bought a used Hog Island Drift boat so now I'm trying to learn the basic strokes on the local lakes, then maybe take it up to the Grey Reef.
Anyone in the area that would like to drift fish those streams let me know.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hello from SE Wyoming

Welcome to the group! Have fun with the boat, I've heard lots of good things about the Hog Island offerings.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the group Neighbor.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:27 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Welcome to the group. Enjoy the new boat. Seen a few on the water here in Jackson Hole. Word is they are more bullet proof than my old Lavro and a lot lighter. Sure it will serve you well

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 04-23-2008, 08:54 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for the kind words. Looking forward to getting my new boat out on the local rivers, just been waiting for the wind to die down some. Around here in the spring it seems that when we have warm days the wind picks up gusting to 25-35 mph. Makes for some interesting fishing to say the least.

Larry
Old 04-23-2008, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Larry from Laramie, I'm fysh from Utah.
Glad to have you join us, We've got a great group here, looking forward to your post.

How about some pics of the new boat?

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 04-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi mcnerney,

Welcome to the forum. I agree with fyshstykr, we have to see a picture of your boat. I think the Saratoga area is a good spot and may not be as busy as the Reef area.

Frank
Old 04-23-2008, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Frank

The main reason I was thinking of taking on the Grey Reef first was that it looks to be easier for an inexperienced rower. I'm talking about drifting down to Lusby. I agree the North Platte over by Saratoga would be less crowded, but I think I will get a guide to show me the river before I try and drift it by myself.

I'll try to post a pic of the new (used) boat.

Larry
Old 05-02-2008, 11:02 AM

DANIEL J. is on a distinguished road

Hi Larry my name is Dan, I'm from Casper and I fish Grey Reef alot. Right now it is pretty crowded regaurdless of the weather. Alot of drifters put in there but I think for the month of May Game and Fish don't want people to fish a certain area right below Grey Reef because of spawning. Check the fishing report in the newspaper on Thursdays for more info. If you come up net me know I might be able to join you sometime. I just bought a new 10' pontoon and have only been able to use it once.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Daniel

Yes, I know what you are talking about, I put in at the dam at 1 pm last Saturday and didn't think I would see many boats being that late in the afternoon, boy was I surprised. Must have passed 30 boats as I drifted down to Lusby. The wx was great, the wind had finally laid down. The restriction you were talking about is from the first cable crossing to the second (500 yrds) but I'm pretty sure it expired April 30 (but I will check before fishing). I'll give you a shout the next time I'm headed up there. Was thinking of maybe this weekend but all the roads are closed right now due to the snow.

Larry