The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 03:37 AM

bordertroot is on a distinguished road
Default Bob from Scotland

Good Morning,thought I could introduce myself before I start my Friday morning.
Im Bob,62Y.old ,been fishing for 50 of these mainly in the Scottish Borders,and the lochs of Scotland.Often take a pack and tent into the hills and fish the wild lochs.
My local river is the Tweed where I get to once or twice a week,or sometimes I will cast a fly on the burns which can throw up the odd surpise now and again.
I still work (or some would say just employed )as a a property inspector for a local property company,which gives me plenty time to check up on the local rivers to see how they are fishing as I travel around in what is a low populated and very scenic area.
Hope I get to know some of you and we can compare fly tactics.although my I.T. skills (like putting on photos )are somewhat lacking

Have a good week-end,tightlines.

Bob
Old 04-25-2008, 04:54 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: Bob from Scotland

Welcome to the forum Bob. Look forward to your post about Scotland fly fishing. Everyone here loves to share. Enjoy!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 04-27-2008, 01:16 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Bob,
I would love to hear some of your stories, looking forward to them.

Can you send me some good Scotch?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 04-27-2008, 01:50 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Can you send me some good Scotch?
That did not even occur to me. A connection in the land of Single Malts!!!

Old 04-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Welcome to the group!

As you can see from my name, our ancestors might have enjoyed some of that single malt together.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Dave & Cliff, Back of the line big boys!!

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 04-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

No worries strykr, I prefer the libations from KT better anyways.

Quote:
Dave & Cliff, Back of the line big boys!!
You don't look all that slender yerself though......

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:38 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Welcome to the Group Bob...My Grandfather was a Scot. Look forward to hearing some fish tales from the old country...

Dan
Old 04-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
No worries strykr, I prefer the libations from KT better anyways.

You don't look all that slender yerself though......

I like the Kentucky libations myself, not Sour Mash but good Kentucky Bourbon. "mmmmmm".
Cliff have you ever tried 'Moonshine'? I tried it once, that stuff will warm yer innerds quickly!! A guy I met on The Henrys' Fork brought some from North Carolina and was kind enough to share.

No, I'm definately not a slender fella. Was only saying big boys because I know your a former College Football Lineman and you don't get to that point being a little guy, and I figure Dave is probably a big fella too, I'll probably find out he's 5'0" tall and 98 lbs soaking wet.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
I like the Kentucky libations myself, not Sour Mash but good Kentucky Bourbon. "mmmmmm".
Cliff have you ever tried 'Moonshine'? I tried it once, that stuff will warm yer innerds quickly!! A guy I met on The Henrys' Fork brought some from North Carolina and was kind enough to share.

No, I'm definately not a slender fella. Was only saying big boys because I know your a former College Football Lineman and you don't get to that point being a little guy, and I figure Dave is probably a big fella too, I'll probably find out he's 5'0" tall and 98 lbs soaking wet.
Fysh
I have not been 5'0" 98lbs since the 7th grade. Actual size now is 5' 10" and 205lbs. In a job where you have to throw your weight around it helps to have a little!!