New Member from RI

Cooler00

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm somewhat new to flyfishing. I got some great fundamental casting instruction about 20 years ago and worked with it a bit but never followed through with it. Well the spark's back and I'm really interested in (actually very excited) trying it out again. Been reading a ton on the internet the past month, picked up a few books, ordered some DVD's, and visited a few local shops. This forum has been a great source of information, I really like the variety of opinions and advice people are more than willing to give out.
This year my goal is to acquire some decent equipment at a decent price (lower cost but will last) and learn the fundamentals, I do have a lot of patience. I'd like the flexibility to fish for both trout (variety) and smallmouth bass. I'm targeting a 6wt outfit, seems like a good all around size. So far I ordered one of the A.R.E reals (102) off of Ebay, seems to be good workmanship for the price, as well as a Echo Classic 6wt rod from The Full Creel (just ordered today). I'll expand in the future as necessary as my ability/experience grows. I look forward to reading on. Thanks for all the great posts.

Scott

Davo

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and back to the sport. Look forward to your post about you journey back to fly fishing!!