The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 01:27 PM

FlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enoughFlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enough
Default New member wants to say hello!

Hi, fellow fly fishermen! I have been a long time member of Archery Talk and have done a lot of buying and selling of archery and fly fishing equipment on Ebay. I am a professional Artist specializing in Bird Carving. I also make custom bent oak trout nets and graphite fly rods. Except for that, I am a full time bow and trout bum!

I will be tuning in to the various discussion categories also. Hope to learn from those who know more than me and to help those who I can.
See ya around!

Jim
Old 05-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: New member wants to say hello!

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum. I am glad you found this site.

You will note that I moved your post from Classifieds into the Introductions Forum. Members are only allowed to sell used fly fishing equipment. You won't be able to sell your products in the Classifieds unless you are a Corporate Sponsor. Here is a link to the Classified Rules and how to become a Corporate Sponsor.

Frank
Old 08-19-2008, 01:43 PM

kenairivers is on a distinguished road

Hello from Spain.
My name is Angel, married (30 years with my unique and patient wife), one pretty daughter and 50+ years old. I like cars and good music but I'm really fanatic for fly fishing, especially good brown trouts. My English is not so good but I' ill try to manage it. Greetings cordial to everyone of this forum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Argentina 2007 199.jpg (95.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 08-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Angle,

Welcome to the forum. You English is just fine. Thanks for your greeting. Maybe you can tell us about fly fishing in Spain.

Frank
Old 08-19-2008, 04:48 PM

kenairivers is on a distinguished road

Hi Frank.
Unfortunately fly fishing in Spain is not so good now.
25/30 years ago we had a good quality and quantity of trouts in multitude of rivers of the country, even in some northern rivers enough atlantic salmon.
Now everything has changed. Pollution, an excessive fishing pressure and not education for years about "catch and release" joined a terrible political management of our continental waters, have finished with the good times.
Today still we have some very good places at the North of Spain, as León's zone and the mountainous area of the Pyrenees, but it is a relatively small space for too many anglers.
Other fresh water species, as carps, pikes and black bass have resist it better. Even in our coasts it is possible to go fly fishing in the sea.
But, in general, it is not today a good destination to fly fishing in Europe where much more interesting countries exist in this aspect.
Thank you and regards.

Angel,