The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 07:14 PM

mcdbrendan is on a distinguished road
Default Newb fishing near Boulder, CO

Hi all,

I've stalked for a few days and can tell there is some quality information here and some great people too. I fly fished when I was 10-12 but never caught much. After digging out my rod I've brought it back to school with me at CU in Boulder. I still have a lot to learn, but am definitely hooked... On every tenth or so forward cast, after untangling it a few times and stepping out to remove it from a tree, I'll lay it down slow and kinda straight...

And usually nothing happens because I have no idea what to tie on. Sometimes, I get lucky

Click the image to open in full size.

Fishing at Long Lake

Anyway, I look forward to reading the wealth of posts already here, and maybe sometime down the road learning enough to contribute!

-Brendan
Old 09-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newb fishing near Boulder, CO

Brendan-

Welcome to the forum-- good to have you aboard. You're in a great part of the world for fly fishing- you have a lot of water to hit. We have a lot of members from CO, and a good number of us from other places have fished out there, so feel free to ask questions and jump in on threads.

Those are great pics by the way--- great colors on that brook trout.

If you ever need a break from the library at CU ( ), you might want to check these folks out if you haven't already:
University of Colorado Boulder - Event Details View - Fly Fishing Club Organizational Meeting

Although the event just happened on 8/30, Patty McConnell's contact info is on the link.

Last edited by peregrines; 09-02-2010 at 10:44 AM. Reason: correkting speilling
Old 09-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Brendan,

You found the right place and I already like your intro and pictures. Feel free to post away,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Brendan.Agree with Ard and Mark these brookies are beauties