The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   Hi (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/45646-hi.html)

madjoni 09-05-2010 11:19 AM

Hi

Hi to all from Montenegro,Europe:)
I join this forum some while ago but have not much time to post.If you want to know anything about my part of World please ask,in meanwhile i am sure that i will learn a lot from you guys.
I am 36 and in fly fishing all my life.
All the best

fyshstykr 09-05-2010 11:57 AM

Re: Hi

:welcome: Good to have another fellow flyfisherman join in.

peregrines 09-05-2010 12:00 PM

Madjoni, welcome to the forum!

I hope you post some of your fly fishing trips--- we have members from all over the world and it is always so interesting to see the water our members fish, the fish they catch, and the flies they use, and the different techniques.

Do you have "huchen" (Hucho hucho)and "marbled trout" (a subspecies of brown trout, maybe you call it "Zadlascica"?)

I've heard how beautiful Montenegro is, and look forward to your posts. Please make yourself at home here.

Best regards!

madjoni 09-05-2010 12:45 PM

Thank you lads:)
My english is not very good soo i will put more photos then words in my posts:D
We do have huchen and marbled trout.Marble is not subspecies of brown trout.It is species for its own.We call it glavatica(best translation is big head trout) and we have one more endemic fish that lives only in big tributaries of Adriatic sea and only on our side(Balkan)of sea,the softmouth trout

peregrines 09-05-2010 01:28 PM

Hey Madjoni you're English is fine-- but we love pics too.

Thanks very much for your reply--

That's very interesting -- i'd never heard of the "soft mouth trout" so you made me very curious-- and thanks to google, I found this link:
http://www.balkan-trout.com/studied_..._softmouth.htm

I'm sure many of us would really enjoy hearing about the fishing in Montenegro--- looking forward to your posts

Hardyreels 09-05-2010 01:40 PM

Hello,

This is a good place to visit and post. I am curious about your area, do you have fly fishing shops there? If so what are the favorite makes of rod and reels?

Welcome to our group,

Ard

madjoni 09-05-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peregrines (Post 133255)
Hey Madjoni you're English is fine-- but we love pics too.

Thanks very much for your reply--

Thank You....as soon as i find my way trough the lot of forums you have here i will start some thread about my country

Quote:

Originally Posted by peregrines (Post 133255)
That's very interesting -- i'd never heard of the "soft mouth trout" so you made me very curious-- and thanks to google, I found this link:
Softmouth trout | Salmo obtusirostris

I was their fishing guide when they came here...one american scientist was with them,name Stiv but i think he lives in austria now.....
Softmouth is very rare and oldest trout species here

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardyreels (Post 133257)
Hello,

This is a good place to visit and post. I am curious about your area, do you have fly fishing shops there? If so what are the favorite makes of rod and reels?

Welcome to our group,

Ard

Thanks Ard
No,we dont have fly fishing shops:(
I was given one daiwa rod when I was kid and grow up whit it:) it was my best friend:D for 15 years...now i like Sage ;)

milt spawn 09-05-2010 05:12 PM

welcome! i have a question, do you have a salmo (brown) species called ohrid trout? milt.

madjoni 09-05-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milt spawn (Post 133387)
welcome! i have a question, do you have a salmo (brown) species called ohrid trout? milt.

Thanks Milt
nop,that and one more endemic species lives in great Ohrid lake.That is in Macedonia and that species are Salmo belvica and Salmo letnica

milt spawn 09-05-2010 06:09 PM

interesting. over here the scientists classify all browns as salmo trutta, regardless of the source. i did not know of the belvica. thanx! milt.