The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2005, 04:00 PM

LeonardGlass will become famous soon enoughLeonardGlass will become famous soon enough
Default Obsessed with Flyfishing

Hello all who use this forum, I have not been flyfishing for a few years and recently got back into it. I Live in MT, 40 min. away from numerous lake and blue ribbon streams. I hope to contribute what I can, and learn from everyone else. My fishing has become an obsession I am out 4 or 5 times a week. lately I have been experimenting with night fly fishing, caught a few good browns in the 3-7 lb range.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Obsessed with Flyfishing

Welcome to the group. sorry to hear that you neglected those prime fishing spots for that long, but glad to hear that you have recovered from that malady.

Sounds like you have gone from the "catching fish" stage to the "big fish" stage quite quickly. I'll look forward to learning some big fish secrets from you, as I'm semi-inexperienced on that front.

Might help to learn some of Kelly Galloup's techniques for big fish if you haven't already. It's all centered around using sinking lines, big unweighted flies, and moving them quickly.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Fish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Fish Bones
Default Re: Obsessed with Flyfishing

Hello Leonard:

Welcome to the forum. I've occasionally taken a group of anglers out of the Texas heat and into the Bob Marshall Wilderness to fish the Flathead River and its creeks. We hired an outfitter to pack us 20 miles deep into the Bob. They did all the work... all we did was eat and fish. This is a fantastic area. I can't wait to get back up there.

Anyway... thanks for joining the forum. I hope you like it here.

Steve