The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2008, 11:25 AM

ben in the woods is on a distinguished road
Default New to the Pacific Northwest

First of all, I just wanted to say hi and express my excitement for this site. I stumbled upon it and I was really impressed by the kindness of all the members.

I have just moved from Milwaukee, WI to Seattle, WA. I really don't know anyone out here, besides my fiance. But I am really looking forward to all of the fly fishing that is available out here.

I am relatively new to fly fishing. I started about three years ago. For the first two years I mainly lake fished (from walleye and pike in Ontario, to crappie and bluegill in Northern WI.) So I still have a lot to learn about fishing in rivers and streams.

I did start tying flies almost immediately after starting fly fishing. Tying has pretty much become a hobby all of its own, but again I still have so much to learn.

Really look forward to hearing from everyone and discussing different ideas!

Ben
Old 09-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: New to the Pacific Northwest

Hi Ben,

Welcome to the forum. You have landed in a wonderful area for fly fishing. First thing you know you will be Steelhead fishing and maybe even Spey casting.

You are lucky to have two Kaufmann Streamborn stores close to you. One in downtown Seattle and one in Bellevue. They will be a big help and offer casting lessons, fly tying lessons and on river fishing lessons. You have so many good waters in Washington and Oregon. Plus, you can go North to Van Couver Island or other Canada locations.

Frank
Old 02-04-2011, 03:11 PM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New to the Pacific Northwest

You Lucky S-- english term! I was born in Anacortes on Puget Sound many moons ago and miss fishing in Washington terribly. Was in eastern Washington-Grand Coulee last summer and did do some fishing, but the water was extremely high and the results disappointing though I did catch my first ever kokanee on the fly and best ever smallmouth bass of over four pounds (I'd only ever caught largemouths in the midwest previously). Enjoy yourself you lucky devil. Fished many years ago on the Skagit for steelhead in February for two perishingly cold days and caught absolutely Nothin!