The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   New from Norway (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/6063-new-norway.html)

dryfly purist 09-28-2008 05:33 PM

New from Norway

Hi everyone!

I`m a dedicated dry fly fisherman from Norway and i got introduced to this site by a friend of mine.
I`m looking forward to use some time in here. The things i`ve seen so far looks great and will certainly teach me even more about flyfishing.
It`s great to be able to take part in flyfishing across borderlines, in my head we flyfishers are all one big family:)

Im also in to flytying and hope i can contribute in some way on the fly pattern part of this forum.
I`ll guess i`m gonna start there.

Well thats all for now, i guess there will be more as time goes by:)

Terje! (that`s my name, but i guess Terry is the closest in english)

Frank Whiton 09-28-2008 05:44 PM

Re: New from Norway

Hi Terje,

Welcome to the forum. We do have some members from your area and they all seem to be knowledge fly fishers and great fly tyers. We will probably be having a fly tye swap this Winter. Postage may be a problem but you are welcome to join.

Frank

dryfly purist 09-28-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Whiton (Post 36262)
Hi Terje,

Welcome to the forum. We do have some members from your area and they all seem to be knowledge fly fishers and great fly tyers. We will probably be having a fly tye swap this Winter. Postage may be a problem but you are welcome to join.

Frank

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome, Frank:)
Looking forward to take part in this great forum and hopefully i can contribute with something as well:)

Terje!

Flywgn 09-28-2008 08:38 PM

I'm a newcomer to this forum, purist, but I can't help welcoming you as well. More so, because I, too, am a dry fly fisher. Probably can't be named a purist (Don't let my grandfather hear me.), 'cause I've been known to drift a nymph or two on occasion.

More so, because I, too, am a dry fly fisher. Probably can't be named a purist (Don't let my grandfather hear me.), because I've been known to drift a nymph and drag a streamer on occasion.

Allen R

dryfly purist 09-29-2008 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flywgn (Post 36283)
I'm a newcomer to this forum, purist, but I can't help welcoming you as well. More so, because I, too, am a dry fly fisher. Probably can't be named a purist (Don't let my grandfather hear me.), 'cause I've been known to drift a nymph or two on occasion.

More so, because I, too, am a dry fly fisher. Probably can't be named a purist (Don't let my grandfather hear me.), because I've been known to drift a nymph and drag a streamer on occasion.

Allen R

Thanks for your welcome Allen R, and welcome to you too:)
It`s nice to see that i`m not alone when it comes to dry fly fishing:thumbsup::)

Terje!