The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 07:09 AM

diego is on a distinguished road
Default Beginner from Brazil

Greetings
My name is Diego and I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
I'm a beginner in flyfishing and searching in the INTERNET I arrived in the NAFFF.
So I hope learn and contribute with the North Americans flyfishers.
Here in Brazil my experience with fly is Matrinxă Fishing. This is a very sportive freshwater fish.
In Brazil the flyfishing along the years has earned many practitioners but the literature is little.
Then I stay here.
Hugs for all!
Old 11-19-2008, 10:41 AM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Beginner from Brazil

Diego, welcome! I spent a lot of time in Rio on business (& plenty of time after hours having a good time). Great city and people! Cariocas may be the friendliest most-personable people in the world (& I've been most places).

I don't know much about warm-water fly-fishing, but there are plenty of people on this Forum who do, so I'm sure you'll have plenty to talk about.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:41 AM

diego is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Beginner from Brazil

Fly2Fish
Thanks a lot for your words.
Read good words about our place and people is very good.
Here in Brazil we have many options for the fly fishing. Warm water, cold water and the species are very varied.
In North America, I dream to fishing in the Great Lakes. The picture about this place is very beautiful to me. Those rivers with stones hidden in the forest means I send a lot of peace. Great, Great!

Hugs to you body!