The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 02:48 PM

coasty is on a distinguished road
Default Hi from the UK

Hello everyone

I contribute to the British fly forum and in the close season am enjoying reading what is on the various forums around the world . Hope I am able to contribute something to this forum to...

Andy
Fly fishing North Yorkshire
Old 11-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from the UK

from across the Channel
Old 11-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

A big warm Alaskan Hello to you Andy!

I will keep an eye peeled for your posts, the hello is about the only warm thing I can offer right now.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Andy: Welcome to the forum! When you get some time tell us what and where you like to fish, if you have photos that would be great also.

Larry
Old 11-04-2010, 03:15 AM

erics beetle is on a distinguished road

posted in error

Last edited by erics beetle; 11-04-2010 at 03:23 AM. Reason: posted in error
Old 11-05-2010, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Andy: Welcome to the forum! When you get some time tell us what and where you like to fish, if you have photos that would be great also.

Larry
Good morning and thanks for the welcome

I live in Scarborough on Britains North Yorkshire Coast. I fish the rivers round here for Brown trout and Grayling and Occasionally sea trout. The rivers I fish are all within an hour or so of home and most are within half that.

My nearest beck enters the sea about half a mile from my house and enjoys runs of sea trout and even the occasional salmon when the water levels are in spate.

Andy

Fly fishing North Yorkshire

Last edited by Frank Whiton; 11-05-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Coasty,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here with us. We would appreciate any pictures you can post that shows where you fish. We also have a thread that puts a face to a name. You might want to post your picture on that thread.

Winter is a busy time for fly swaps and you might be interested in participating in one of those. Here is a link that explains how to post pictures.

Frank
Old 11-05-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi Coasty,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here with us. We would appreciate any pictures you can post that shows where you fish. We also have a thread that puts a face to a name. You might want to post your picture on that thread.

Winter is a busy time for fly swaps and you might be interested in participating in one of those. Here is a link that explains how to post pictures.

Frank
Frank

I will be happy to post some pics, Not sure you americans are ready for my face though

Andy

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Ok prepare to be bored . The first one is looking over my local beck and across the bay to the castle , My house is about half a mile to the right

Click the image to open in full size.

The next two are of the river rye in North Yorkshire its about half an hour away in the car and is one of my favourite places..

The next two are of the Pickering beck its small but has the most beautiful wild brownies in it . You need a wee 6ft 3 wt in many places on here

OOps the next one is a little picnic that me and a buddy shared in a fishing hut one afternoon...I know there looks a lot but he was 6ft tall and scottish and he paid for the fishing......

This is another stretch of a beck I enjoy fishing , no that isnt me in the river..

and lastly this is the River Dove . Not the Derbyshire one this is the Yorkshire Dove...

Hope that gives you a taster of where I fish
Old 11-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Coasty welcome to the forum. Those are great looking pictures and it looks like you have some beautiful water. Looking forward to your posts--- now i'm off to google the word "beck"
Old 11-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

I am going to guess that Beck is a stream or river.

coasty, do you have to pay for fishing acess in most places?

Frank