The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 08:14 AM

timboothe is on a distinguished road
Default New Member

Hi all,

First off I need to apologize I suppose. I signed up to see about interest in a reel that I have for sale and did not read the sticky in the classifieds detailing what I should have done first.

This forum is new to me, I'd never heard of it before. I am a member at a couple of other forums North Eastern FF'ing and Fly Anglers Online to name a couple.

I live in Upstate New York and mainly fish the Catskills, Delaware River System mostly. I also spend time chasing the Steelhead and Salmon that run out of Lake Ontario just north of me.

Thanks for your time,
Tim Boothe
Old 11-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Member

Hey Tim, welcome to the forum- we have a lot of folks that fish the same waters-- as well as a lot of folks from all over the place. Hope you make yourself at home here.

I'm on Long Island, and have been fishing mostly in the salt around here for stripers and only made it up to the West branch of the D a few times this year, but I love fishing it when i can get the chance.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hello Tim,

Your home area used to be one of my short range road trips. I lived north of Williamsport PA. and had a friend who kept a 40' yacht at the Montour Falls marina. I was able to stay at Montour Falls and fish the creeks that flow into Seneca Lake and the other Finger Lakes from that base. Of course I used to make the trip across Rt. 13 to Cortland and then on up to the Salmon for some combat fishing every year too. There were some interesting opportunities in the area for great fishing.

That was quite a while back and some things may have changed but I'm sure some have stayed the same too. I miss that part of the country. This time of year when the wind comes strait out of the south I used to be able to catch lake Trout at the north end of Seneca Lake. Yep Laker's, the wind formed a regular 'food boom' on the surface. Everything from zooplankton, insects, up to various sizes of dead fish off the surface of the lake was driven by the wind & waves, as all the good stuff was driven toward the north shore so came the fish to feed on the cornucopia of goodies.................A rare chance to hook the big guys and most often that wind was also pushing rain.

That is one of the perks of belonging to a forum like this, as people make posts from different parts of the country your memory reels back to something you had put on a shelf and hadn't opened for years.

Welcome to the forum,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Tim: Welcome to the forum! We look forward to your participation and hearing about the fishing in your area of the country!

Larry
Old 11-07-2010, 11:27 AM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Tim. Good to have you here.