The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 05:17 PM

Sep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of light
Default Haw River Rat

Howdy. My name is Mike, but you can call me Sep; those that fish with me do. That is, when they arenít using more colorful language. I live in a sleepy little borough just west of Raleigh, NC, tucked gently in the woods between a sweet little braided river and a large local reservoir. I fish mainly for largemouth in the countless shoals of the river but get into the Smokies, a couple of hours west of here, as often as I can for trout and smallies or out to the coast, a couple of hours east of here, for albies. And, you will find, I like to write about it. Hope you donít mind.

Iím happily retired at 54 and married to someone who good-naturedly tolerates my newly rediscovered, hopeless obsession with fishing. Iím a very lucky guy.

Iím looking forward to participating here in the forum. Looks like a GREAT place to be.

Sep
Old 12-16-2008, 05:19 PM

jclampwork88 will become famous soon enoughjclampwork88 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Haw River Rat

Welcome from Utah.

You will find great people and good advise here.

Have you started tying your own flies yet?

John
Old 12-18-2008, 04:41 PM

Sep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclampwork88 View Post
Have you started tying your own flies yet?
John
Not since I was a teen, many moons go... but it's probably returning in my near future.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Sep,

If you like to write you've came to the right place. Most of the posters I've encountered here like to read so fire away.

I'm in AK. so most of my posts require that I draw from my many years of residence in Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Georgia, and Colorado in order to chime in.

If you ever consider coming a little bit north I may prove to be an asset. It seems that wherever I go I find some hidden gems.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:42 AM

THANKS!!!! You never know, I may just take yu up on that offer. I have a hearty 2009 "to do" list in the fishing department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hi Sep,

If you like to write you've came to the right place. Most of the posters I've encountered here like to read so fire away.

I'm in AK. so most of my posts require that I draw from my many years of residence in Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Georgia, and Colorado in order to chime in.

If you ever consider coming a little bit north I may prove to be an asset. It seems that wherever I go I find some hidden gems.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:10 PM

Meliki is on a distinguished road

Sep,

Good to see your post. My girlfriend and I live in Raleigh and are new to the sport. We heard that the fishing at Haw would be good practice for us. We are curious if you could give us some help with what flies you use out there and any other helpful information. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Bryan
Old 05-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Sep--- and Bryan--- to you too, welcome to the board. Looking forward to seeing more posts from both you guys. Glad you found us, make your self at home.

mark