The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 09:54 AM

Arkie24 has a spectacular aura aboutArkie24 has a spectacular aura about
Default Hello from Northwest Arkansas

Go Hogs! TNAFFF is absoultly the greatest website I have found to learn from. The art of Flyfishing was introduced to me this year and I can honestly say I have never enjoyed fishing as I do now. I started a fly tying class this summer and have already tied over 500 flies. The addiction of the cast to the stripping of the line is too much. You will defiantly see alot of me on this website!

Cast away!
Old 12-26-2008, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Hello from Northwest Arkansas

Good to hear that you like it, hope I can help in your journey.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:39 AM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Arkie. Just got started FF and learning a lot too. I need to talk with you later about how you decided what materials to get (tying). Got the tools just overwhelmed by all the materials.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:43 AM

Arkie24 has a spectacular aura aboutArkie24 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
Arkie. Just got started FF and learning a lot too. I need to talk with you later about how you decided what materials to get (tying). Got the tools just overwhelmed by all the materials.
Thanks Jimmy. Please PM me any time you want and we can discuss materials. It can be overwhelming but what I found as a easy way to keep up but not get overwhelmed is to pick a fly I want to make. I make a list of the materials I need ONLY for that fly. I look through what I have to make sure I don't have any of the materials and then go to my local fly shop and buy the materials I need. I am always tempted to buy oter materials. I guess Fly Fisherman are just like their prey.....WE CHASE AFTER THE SHINY THINGS!

I hope this helps!
Richard