The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 05:35 PM

ejnovinsky is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from Bowling Green Ohio

Hi everyone, my name is Ethan, and Im just getting back into fly fishing, and tying after being away for 15 years or so. I was an avid fisherman when I was a teenager, and I dabbled in fly fishing, but never found the paitence or discipline for it. Although I did have a great knack for tying. Now as an adult I figured I might be mellow enough for another go. there are some good streams and shallow rivers in my area, many of which I fished and explored as a kid that I think would make for some good fly fishing. I always enjoyed wading the portage river in particular right in my area, it was a great place to catch smallmouth bass back in the day...hopefully it still is. I dont plan to make this a hardcore obsession, just something fun to do on a weekend or after work. I plan on tying my own flies again, and pretty much using the gear I have on hand. I inheirited a handful of rods and reels, and have my setup from the old days. I plan on using my vintage split bamboo rods, and a very simple old shakespeare reel. Ill be asking some questions about my gear in the gear section, so any help is appreciated. Wish me luck!
Old 01-25-2009, 07:04 PM

Biggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hello from Bowling Green Ohio

Welcome aboard. Good luck with your pursuit and I am sure you will find plenty of valuable info here. I had to say hello as my mother is a graduate of BGSU, Go Falcons.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the board Ethan, looking forward to hearing about your adventures out there. Went to school in Delaware O and had a blast chasing bass there (uh.. when i wasn't studying in the library...)

You should have plenty of stuff to chase out there in warm water, as well as some coldwater stuff as well- don't forget Mad River trout, and there's always GL steelhead if you like to fish in weather a little on the cool side...

peregrines
Old 01-27-2009, 04:17 AM

ejnovinsky is on a distinguished road

Thanks, going to pick up a small tying kit this weekend, and try my hands at that again.