The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   Hello! (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/7675-hello.html)

ErnieBall 02-02-2009 11:20 AM

Hello!

First of all - way to go steelers! I am a fly-fisherman from Pittsburgh, PA and have just started fly tying - so I will be on these forums a lot looking for information on tying and tying gear, it has been great so far! I am planning a week long trip across PA this spring to fish all the great streams in Central PA. So, yup, thats about it, cant wait to discuss flying with you folk.

-Ernie

peregrines 02-02-2009 07:04 PM

Re: Hello!

Hey Ernie,

Welcome to the board, and congrats on your Steelers--- it was never in doubt.

BTW, you don't have to wait for spring to get into fish- lots of steelhead out there now too if you like "invigorating" weather..

Here's a hatch chart so you can get right to work tying for your trip:

Central PA Hatch Chart

There are a lot of PA guys on the board that can offer some great advice, so pull up a chair, jump in on discussions, ask questions, and make yourself at home.

peregrines

Greenwood 02-02-2009 09:21 PM

Hi ErnieBall;
Incredible game but that last 3 minutes was heart attack alley!

I fish a fair amount of central, pa; I'm from the Bedford area. So, let me know if I can help you in any way.

ErnieBall 02-03-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peregrines (Post 47622)
Hey Ernie,

Welcome to the board, and congrats on your Steelers--- it was never in doubt.

BTW, you don't have to wait for spring to get into fish- lots of steelhead out there now too if you like "invigorating" weather..

Here's a hatch chart so you can get right to work tying for your trip:

Central PA Hatch Chart

There are a lot of PA guys on the board that can offer some great advice, so pull up a chair, jump in on discussions, ask questions, and make yourself at home.

peregrines

I frequent "Steelhead Alley", as I go to school in Edinboro, PA - about 15 minutes from any steelhead stream, it is pretty great -- thanks for the hatch chart, that is great!

ErnieBall 02-03-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenwood (Post 47645)
Hi ErnieBall;
Incredible game but that last 3 minutes was heart attack alley!

I fish a fair amount of central, pa; I'm from the Bedford area. So, let me know if I can help you in any way.

Well , truth it, I am planning a fly fishing tour of Pennsylvania the first week of may and will be spending most of my time (obviously) in central pa --- I am not going to be planning all the logistics for another month (when my fishing partner comes home ) but any preliminary suggestions or ANYTHING would be greatly appreciated -- maybe I'll see ya out there :smile: