The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 07:20 PM

Wildcat4040 is on a distinguished road
Default Nello

New member from NE Ohio. But I travel to where the fish are.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nello

Hey WC,

Welcome to the board. Have you been out chasing steelhead?

I went to school in Delaware OH outside of Columbus and miss the bass fishing down there.

Glad you found us, jump right in on discussions - we have a lot of members from Ohio, and it sounds like you put on some miles chasing fish. Where else do you fish?

peregrines
Old 02-08-2009, 05:53 PM

Wildcat4040 is on a distinguished road

Funny how Hello can turn into 'Nello', not all fishermen are snart you know.

Peregrines, do you still live in that area or get down there alot. I'll spend This year from April to Sept. riding out of Bellefontaine to hit the lakes and rivers from there. I'm giving up on the big lakes like Alum since I took up Fly Fishing. I'm hoping to spend a lot of time on the Mad River. I'm putting a trailer hitch on my bike as we speak so I can mount a rack to carry a float tube and the accessories I need, when that's done I can start hitting some smaller lakes in Ohio. I belong to a bike club from Louisiana and they meet in Indiana and the fishing there is unbelievable, i'm just lucky I haven't been caught without a license so far. You gotta try the Monticello Ind area if you ever want to take a few day trip. I go there a lot, they must be short on cops. I'm thinking of actually buying an Indiana License this year though. Hope we can get together sometime.
Al
Old 02-09-2009, 08:20 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Nello there 4040
...better to be a wildcat than a mad dog, I guess
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Al,

I'm in NY now so don't get back there too much, but there was some terrific fishing in bass ponds for good sized LMB and in some of the rivers for smallies. Never did the steelhead thing in Ohio--don't think they had them back then, but used to take trips up to Michigan back in the day. Had some awesome fishing when things came together, as well as more than a few trips with skunk all over us, but it was always a good time.

But dude, gotta do the fishing license thing though. It's way bad kharma with out it.

Do you get down to Louisiana at all with the bike club? Going for reds down there would be a blast.

peregrines