The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 10:51 PM

riversimple is on a distinguished road
Default Greetings

I'll start with a little bit about my self. As an avid surf fisherman I spend most of my time on the beach throwing plugs of all kinds, most of which i make my self. My love for the pursuit of stripers however is a direct result of the years in my childhood when i fell in love with trout on the fly. I find many parallels between the two majestic species both in habit and illusiveness; garnering more respect than most other game fish.
I come to this site with a re-born passion for trout namely the native and wild brooks and browns i spent most of my child hood chasing from the Adirondacks to Pennsylvania. The site looks fantastic and i look forward to learning and engaging with the many accomplished fly gent's I'm sure frequent here.

Tight lines
Old 12-18-2010, 12:22 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Greetings

Hello,

And welcome to the forum, this is a very in depth site with many members who are here to help with questions or to ask them of you. You will fit right in I'm sure and we look forward to your participation here.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

riversimple: Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it here! I'm looking forward to hearing about your striper fishing!

Larry

Larry
Old 12-18-2010, 07:09 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default +1 here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
riversimple: Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it here! I'm looking forward to hearing about your striper fishing!

Larry
Great Board, and we also have a UK based 'Big Sister' if you want to 'play on the other side of the Pond.' Your log in info here should be the same there.

Fred
Old 12-18-2010, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Hey riversimple, glad you found us--- and welcome aboard. Make yourself at home here. It's a good bunch of folks from all over the place and members chase all kinds of stuff.

I hope you had a great season in the surf this year.... and since you fish the salt a lot you might want to think about chasing stripers once in awhile with a fly rod too--- it can be tough in high surf and lots of wind "out front" -- but it's a great way to fish back bays, tidal ponds, inside of inlets etc.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:35 AM

riversimple is on a distinguished road

thanks to all for the welcome, indeed this year was a fantastic one from the surf. I tossed back more keepers this year than in many past and even had my personal best a 30lb 45'' fish that fell to a mullet colored surface swimmer i built. anyway i look forward to sinking my teeth into more trout in the coming months and seasons. thanks again, tight lines.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

from across the pond.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:45 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

Welcome! Glad to see another who lurks on PA's waters.
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 12-19-2010, 08:31 PM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma

Welcome to NAFFF.Best site I've ever been on. Made good friends too here. As far as lurking Pa. waters.....I catch more than I lurk. hahahahaha...ant
Old 12-19-2010, 09:23 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by okuma View Post
As far as lurking Pa. waters.....I catch more than I lurk. hahahahaha...ant
I'd do the same if I only fished golf courses.
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog