The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2010, 03:13 AM

nerka will become famous soon enoughnerka will become famous soon enough
Default Nerka Here

Hi Everyone,
I am a new member here and am still learning to navigate the system a bit. Otherwise I am an Alaskan, I live to fish and fish to live. It is a way of life.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nerka Here

from across the pond.Ard's going to be pleased to see another AK member
Old 12-21-2010, 04:53 AM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

Welcome Nerka. Cant wait to see some of your reports and pics.

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 12-21-2010, 08:21 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Nerka: Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it here and post some reports of your Alaska fishing, we would all love to hear about your adventures!

Larry

Larry
Old 12-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Hello Nerka! Welcome and l look forword to reading your posts and fishing reports.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:04 AM

Jimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud of

Nerka. Good to have you here. So is it starting today those AK days get longer?
Old 12-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Nerka, welcome to the forum, like everyone else i'm really looking forward to your posts--- make yourself at home.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Nerka,

Welcome to the forum. We all like Alaskans. Where are you located in Alaska? I lived there for fifteen years and know a lot of Alaska.

Frank
Old 12-21-2010, 10:33 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

nerka,
what part of ak are you from? i grew up in homer and fished the kenai peninsula waters most of my life. now l live in illinois and go up every summer.

casey

ARFE
Old 12-21-2010, 11:40 PM

nerka will become famous soon enoughnerka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrines View Post
Hey Nerka, welcome to the forum, like everyone else i'm really looking forward to your posts--- make yourself at home.
Thanks to you and the others welcoming me. It will be nice to have an outlet with like minded people.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
nerka,
what part of ak are you from? i grew up in homer and fished the kenai peninsula waters most of my life. now l live in illinois and go up every summer.

casey
Basically, Anchorage...but I have lived in Bristol Bay most of my adult life.
Work brought me back out to Iliamna for 3 weeks last summer and after two seasons fishing on the road system made me appreciate 200k red salmon a day runs instead of 200k a year. Plus it was just me and the bears.

With that being said I am enough of a fish bum to fish from Talkeetna to Homer and all place between. There is a stocked lake a mile from my office, I can be found chasing 'bows on my lunch hour.