The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 10:57 AM

Pleccy is on a distinguished road
Default Howdy

Hi folks,

I've just signed up here so I thought I would stop by and introduce myself.

My name is Luke, I'm 14 years old and I'm originally from Portland, Oregon however I moved over to the United kingdom a few years ago. I manage to visit my relatives a couple of times each year where I'm also able to do a bit of steelhead fishing.

The fishing over here in not-so-sunny England is pretty good and I've become very familiar with the local lakes and rivers and brands of tackle such as Hardy and Greys.

Cheers
Old 03-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Howdy

Hello Luke,

As would be expected your grammar is great (jest) and I will look forward to hearing about your fishing in the age old trout waters of Hallford & Skues.

Ard
Old 03-27-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hello Luke,

As would be expected your grammar is great (jest) and I will look forward to hearing about your fishing in the age old trout waters of Hallford & Skues.

Ard
Thanks for the welcome Ard.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Luke, welcome to the forum, glad you found us.

Would love to hear some more about the fishing over there. Do you get a chance to fish for sea trout?

We have a number of folks from the UK that pop in from time to time.

If you are a fly tyer there are a number of UK based groups over there. Let me know and I'll send you some links.

mark
Old 03-27-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrines View Post
Hey Luke, welcome to the forum, glad you found us.

Would love to hear some more about the fishing over there. Do you get a chance to fish for sea trout?

We have a number of folks from the UK that pop in from time to time.

If you are a fly tyer there are a number of UK based groups over there. Let me know and I'll send you some links.

mark
Hi Mark,

The sea trout fishing is excellent over here, especially in the River Eden (which isn't far from where I live) and further south into Wales. The wild brown trout fishing is also good but rather tricky.

I've already started to tie a few flies of my own, there's a fly tying club which isn't too far away.

Cheers
Old 03-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Pleccy,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around and share some of your fishing experiences.

Frank
Old 03-27-2009, 11:50 AM

Thanks Frank.

Also in case anyone is interested this is where I usually fish. It's a lake known as Ghyll head near Lake Windermere. The photo only shows a small part of it, it's very deep and the trout grow BIG.

Click the image to open in full size.

Also one of my latest catches, from a different lake however.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

great stuff, looks like beautiful country.

Interesting fly in the corner of the mouth of that rainbow. Is that a local pattern?

mark
Old 03-28-2009, 03:03 PM

The fly is an Orange fritz lure with a goldhead, it works extremely well on an intermediate line on waters ranging in size from the famous Dever springs at 4.5 acres in Hampshire to the bigger lakes such as Rutland at over 3000 acres.

Here's a piccy.

And also the Black buzzer, another very popular and effective fly in the UK.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:55 PM

MontanaMoose will become famous soon enoughMontanaMoose will become famous soon enough

Welcome from Oregon Pleccy and thanks for the pics of fish and flies. Looking forward to more of that !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose