The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 11:00 AM

philwaders is on a distinguished road
Default Greetings-

Saying hi to all from Michigan.
I'm totally new to this type of angling. And think it is as much an art form as a theraputical sport.
I can't wait to learn about how to fish with this type presentation,along with all the nuances of this sport. Fishing is just plain fun!
regards
Old 04-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Greetings-

Hi philwaders,

Welcome to the forum. Michigan is a great fly fishing State. If you like other types of fishing you will love fly fishing. Sometimes I am still amazed that I can make a good cast and catch a nice fish. I think to my self, "wow it is neat that I can do that."

Frank
Old 04-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Phil, welcome to the board. Glad you found us. As Frank said you have some great fly fishing in Michigan, and with steelhead, in addition to bass and trout, the season never stops. There is always something to throw a fly at.

If you're new to all of this, you may want to consider joining a local chapter of Trout Unlimited or fly fishing club affiliated with the Federation of Fly Fishers. They have informative meetings, casting clinics, group trips, and it's the best way I know to get some help with the learning curve. You can do a search for one near you here:

Council/Chapter Search | Trout Unlimited - Conserving coldwater fisheries

and here:

Locate a Club

You'll get lots of help here to, so ask away if you have questions, and browse some of the past threads. Welcome to the sport!

mark
Old 04-14-2009, 06:06 AM

philwaders is on a distinguished road

Thanks all,
Yep, lots of spots in Mi.I hope to find some great "stories" on them in the years to come.
Much thanks to the good advice and welcoming replies.

"I once had a fish...or, did he have me?"
regards