The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 06:30 PM

cw76 has a spectacular aura aboutcw76 has a spectacular aura about
Default Greetings from AK

Good day to all, been poking around the site for a while so I guess I better introduce myself. My name is Cody and I have been living in beautiful Homer Alaska for my entire 35 years. Fly fishing has been a part of my life since childhood but has really become my passion/medicine in the last 5 yrs. much in part due to a wonderful 62 yr old retired Vietnam vet. who showed me the light when all their seemed was dark ....But that a different story. Any who I enjoy fly fishing, tying, salt water fishing,hunting, travel, books, and cooking to name a few. My brother Casey Wise is an active member on this forum i'm sure a few of you know of him. Cheers! Ill post some pics one these days.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:45 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Greetings from AK

welcome brother!
so nice to see you on here. i'm looking forward to hearing/seeing all of your experiences, fishing an otherwise, as will the wonderful members on this fine forum.

casey

ARFE
Old 01-04-2011, 06:58 PM

cw76 has a spectacular aura aboutcw76 has a spectacular aura about

Did I say 35? meant 34! lol
Old 01-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Cody,

Homer is our favorite destination, my wife and I that is. Glad to see another 'local' show up on the board your brother has fit right in with the cyber crew and I know you will also.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-04-2011, 10:51 PM

nerka will become famous soon enoughnerka will become famous soon enough

Nice to add another Alaskan to the fray.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

hey looking forward to your posts and welcome aboard.

Sooooo.... who catches the most fish, you or Casey?
Old 01-05-2011, 06:48 PM

texastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the forum
I live down south in Texas and have been trying to visit Arkansas for big browns up there. I look forward to seeing some awesome photos.
Tight line.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Cody: Welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to hearing your fly fishing reports, you live in a beautiful part of Alaska, I'm very envious!

Larry

Old 01-05-2011, 11:24 PM

nerka will become famous soon enoughnerka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastroutbum View Post
Welcome to the forum
I live down south in Texas and have been trying to visit Arkansas for big browns up there. I look forward to seeing some awesome photos.
Tight line.
Looks like someone made the common mistake of thinking AK was Arkansas. AK is Alaska. AR is Arkansas...no worries happens more than you woud think.

I remember having my phone ring at 5am once. It was a solicitor not quite understanding my anger. Her trying to convince me it was 8am was not helping.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi cw76,

Thanks for the introduction.

I almost retired to Homer. I tried to buy a lot there and after driving all the way from Fairbanks to make the down payment, the seller changed his mind. I even called him before I made the trip and he still wanted to sell the lot. His only explanation was he changed his mind. This was in the 80's when the harbor was still small. My wife and I had some good times there.

Frank