The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 08:33 PM

stillabeginer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: newbie to nafff not to fly flinging

I lived In Wisconsin and fished the Tributaries to Lake Michigan, what a blast it is to feel the strike of a steelhead on a swinging fly.
As for buiding rods I really don't do it as often as i used to, fly rods aren't as fun to build as a conventional rod. That is the ony thing that conventional fishing has over fly fishing in my opinion. ( You don't put fancy butt wraps on a fly rod).
I have thought of building a fly rod but those life time warranties sure come in handy, I've broken more than one rod. As a matter of fact I broke the same rod 3 times then found out it was a defect in the rod design which the manufacturer made good on.
Someone wanted a flyfishing story.
One summer day I was casting from a jetty into Lake Michigan. It was overcast with a low ceiling. I heard a crackling noise and looked around to see where it was coming from. It was coming from my rod tip! I guess the electricty in the air was buiding up to the point where a lightning storm was about to occure. Just about crapped. left the rod right there on the jetty and returned the next day for it.