The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 09:58 PM

stillabeginer is on a distinguished road
Default newbie to nafff not to fly flinging

I've been fly fishing, tying and rod building for quite some time. I have been fortunate enough to have lived along the tributaries of the great lakes as well as in the Pacific North west. I have also been fortunate enough to have been in the business foe a few years. Didnt make any money but sure had fun.
I really cant say what I like best drys, nymphs or streamers. I cant say what stream or river I like best or even pick my favorite Rod.
The only complaint I have is my eyes are getting bad and i have trouble getting the tippet trough the eye of a size 20 or smaller hook.
Oh one other thing I cant spell worth a dang
Old 01-09-2011, 10:37 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default Re: newbie to nafff not to fly flinging

Welcome to the Forum and "Old Age"...

Dan
Old 01-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

stillabeginer: Welcome to the forum, hope you join in and become an active member. I hear you on the eye thing, I have the same problem!

Larry

Old 01-10-2011, 09:56 AM

riverwalker is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum (from a fly fishing begginer).

I hear you on the eyesight thing... but I hope at 30 I'm not entering 'old age'

What were the Great Lake Tribs you fished? I live on the North Shore of Lake Ontario.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

on this great forum...don't worry about getting the tippet through the eye...you're not the only one...I can't do that without my glasses
Old 01-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome aboard--- glad you found us. You'll fit right in here--- a lot of use have a hard time threading leader through hook eyes these days for some reason....

Looking forward to your posts.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

I don't consider myself old, my my adult children would tell you differently though, and I have the same problem with the tippet and the hook.

Welcome! I look forward to reading a few posts by you and hopefully about your fishing adventures.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hello,

Age is why you fish for bigger fish with bigger flies When I start having trouble threading 15 pound leader through a size #1 salmon hook I may be done. Don't let spelling worry you, when it has been a while since we have written a bunch our brains sort of forget how things work. That will right itself with practice and that little icon with the check mark and the ABC will be your confidence builder

Everyone is looking to hearing from you,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Don't let spelling worry you, when it has been a while since we have written a bunch our brains sort of forget how things work.
Then whats my excuse! I guess I haven't written enought so I better start spamming the forum with new topics!
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Last edited by FlyBum; 01-10-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi stillabeginer,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around and learn along with the rest of us. Maybe we could see some of the rods you have built. Always a pleasure to have a long time fly fisher and tier join us.

You can add a spell checker to your Browser or use a Browser that has a spell checker included. If it wasn't for a spell checker I wouldn't be able to write anything. The browser that I use checks the spelling as I type.

Frank