The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 11:43 PM

bernard is on a distinguished road
Default Bernard from So. Cal. saying hello!

I joined a while back but haven't posted. Tonight I popped-in and saw this: Hello Bernard,
Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum.
. Do I have a choice?

Ok ok here goes....

My name is Bernard and I love trout. Over summer vacation André Puyans taught me to tie flies. Uhh ...well .. that was 1976 or 1977. I then worked in the back room doing summer jobs for Andy (wrapping chenille etc) and also went to the W. Yellowstone conclave to tie flies competitively with the Diablo Valley club. What amazing memories.

My current tying skills are less than they were then but I still catch a few fish so I am happy. I have remained obsessed with fly fishing most of my life with a few breaks resulting from electric guitars, surfboards and girls. Last several years had me dust the bottle, pop the cork and the fly fishing addiction poured out as though bottomless. Having more recently reconnected with Ken Lindsay from Creative Sports (and now at the Fishermen's Spot in Van Nuys, CA) I got it all off the ground with psychotic fervor. *I also owe a little to music promoter Jay Tinsky who now lives in Portland for helping me get my tying back on track.*

I currently obsess over California salmonid concerns and love to hunt fish in the So. Cal. mountains. The uglier the terrain the better. Seasonally, I work with Jimmie Morales' Sierra Fly Fisher guide service. I post less and less these days to message boards but do maintain a blog: The Trout Hugger

I welcome the dialog and certainly would love to reconnect with anyone I may have known and lost contact with over the years.

Bernard Yin
Old 05-01-2009, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bernard from So. Cal. saying hello!

Hey Bernard, welcome to the board. Sounds like you've rubbed elbows with some of the best, what a great introduction to fly fishing--- and the board. Great stuff. Glad you're back into FF, and it sounds like you're in deep.

Looking forward to your posts.

mark
Old 05-03-2009, 12:13 PM

bernard is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bernard from So. Cal. saying hello!

I'll be around