The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2006, 05:36 PM

STARMedic is on a distinguished road
Default New member....

Just thought I would introduce myself. Im new to Flyfishing altogether, but have been fishing all my life. Im located out in the W/Central portion of the Texas border area, occupation is Technical Rescue Supervisor and Medic for a County encompassing 1200 Sq miles.

I look forward to learning all I can from you guys here, and hopefully can find answers using the forum search key as opposed to asking noob Q's that have been asked/answered several times over....

Thanks in advance...

Bruce
Old 03-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Administrator

Fish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Fish Bones
Default Re: New member....

Hello Bruce:

Welcome to the forum. How are things in West Texas? I'm in East Texas. Even still, I may be closer to Chicago, Ill than I am to you.

Thanks for joining the forum. Its full of great of information for a new fly fisher. If you ever have any questions please let us know. We have a lot of great guys here ready to help.

Thanks,
Steve

Old 03-01-2006, 07:38 PM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you with us...
[admin]Just please be carefull, this place is addicting![/admin]
Old 03-02-2006, 02:35 AM

JBinUTAH will become famous soon enoughJBinUTAH will become famous soon enough

Welcome aboard!

Old 03-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Welcome to the group! Would you be in Del Rio? Sounds like you're close to the Devil's River, sure would love to fish that one someday. Let us know how we can help.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:25 AM

STARMedic is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the hearty welcome!!! Im one county east of Val Verde in Brackettville. I initially lived in Del Rio when I first moved out from New Orleans, about 2 years ago. Brackettville offered me the best deal as far as EMS/Rescue goes....havent looked back since.

Im sure my initial fishing foray's on the fly will take me to Lake Amistad in the smaller back coves of the Nat Park and San Pedro wetlands. My g/f's dad is the Sheriff's Deputy for all of West Val Verde, and knows quite a few good spots for fishing. Id be happy to help anyone who ventures out this way in anyway I can.

Take care,

Bruce
Old 03-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I'm told that the Nueces close to Camp Wood is sublimely good too. Never fished it but heard many rave about it. I did most of my fishing in that area beween Medina and Johnson City, and would be happy to recommend some spots in that area. I also will strongly recommend stopping into Tackle Box Outfitters on New Braunfels Ave when you're in San Antonio. Its the oldest Fly Shop in Texas, and I learned a TON while I was working there. The fishing guru, also named Bruce can tell you more spots to go fish than you could get to in 3 years. (going twice a week)

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:58 PM

Outdoorarki will become famous soon enoughOutdoorarki will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum. I am new to fly fishing also. There a bunch of guys here eager to help newbies like us.