The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 03:38 PM

smalliesrule has a spectacular aura aboutsmalliesrule has a spectacular aura aboutsmalliesrule has a spectacular aura about
Default New guy from SW VA

Hi all,
New to the forum. I live in Damascus, VA and I'm literally surrounded by trout water! Also< I have a great smallie stream a couple of miles down the road, and the tailwaters of the S. Holston, and the Watauga are withn 40 miles, so the fishing opportunities are endless. That being said, I work for a living, and have only been fly fishing for about 8 years now.... that's funny saying ONLY 8 years...by the time I was 12 years old I had been spin fishing for 8 years! Very few fly fishermen (or women) live in this area, but we get plenty of visitors. Looking forward to the great advice and stories I'm already seeing here. As you can see from my forum name I'd rather catch a small mouth than about anything in fresh water, but I think that may stem from spending the first 45 years of my life fishing in saltwater in Pensacola, FL. Smallies fight like a saltwater fish! I'll take a trout this time of the year though. the smallmouths are sleeping this cold weather off!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New guy from SW VA

smalliesrule: Welcome to the forum, we hope you stick around and become an active member and keep us posted on the fishing in your area!

Larry

Old 01-27-2011, 10:47 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome smallies! Read your other post first and was wondering where Damascus was, not Syria! I agree, smallmouth could well be the freshwater p4p champ. milt.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hey there,

I hear you on the opportunities for fishing VA. I spent a couple years there and found the fishing to be great. You can go for sea trout (speckled) on the Eastern Shore to brookies in the mountains if you can get past all the bass in between.

Welcome aboard,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

aboardsurrounded by trout waterslooks like you live in a fisherman's paradise