The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2006, 09:56 PM

fish4life is on a distinguished road
Default New here and to fly fishing.

Hi all! I like the site so far, still so much to discover. I started fly fishing this past year and LOVE it. I don't know too much about it but I am trying to learn fast. My setup is a custom built 9 foot 5 weight with a G. Loomis blank and uplcoking black reel seat with a piece of **** reel and Orvis Blue Hills fly line. Its too long for the stream by me but it gets the job done. I'm down in Souteast Pa, if any of you are from down here drop me a line. Just want to say GREAT job on the site.

Thank You,
Nick
Old 03-23-2006, 11:10 PM
Administrator

Fish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Fish Bones
Default Re: New here and to fly fishing.

Hello Nick

Welcome to the forum. We have several PA folks on board... so I'm sure you'll find those with common grounds. I hope you enjoy the forum. Thanks for joining.

Old 03-24-2006, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: New here and to fly fishing.

Welcome to the group! I was actually up near philly myself for a while a couple of years back and i'm still bitter that i didn't get more time to fish. Got down to the shore near Ocean City once, but didn't have much luck.

By the way, I'd recommend hanging on to that 9' 5wt and order the 3wt Echo from Steve to have a short rod for those small streams. (and you can easily get away with a cheaper reel for that as well) You'll definitely eventually want a 9' 5wt for fishing the Tulpehocken, Delaware, and Upper Schuylkill. Some of the Limestoners west of you are big enough to warrant use of a 9' rod. You'll probably like the 9' rod much better for pond fishing as well, as it will allow you to cast much further.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.