The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 05:35 AM

biggerbullet is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from Elizabeth, CO.

OK, that is my home port now, but I'm overseas. In the middle of Australia, the Red Center. Ain't no fishing here. But I tie and you will find me most in the tyer forums.
Hint: Anyone moving to Australia, don't bring your fur&feathers with ya. I could not afford the customs charges to get them through. Should have left them at home.
Raised in TN but home is CO. Have fly fished in the US; MI, VA, Montana (Yellostone), TN (East), CO, CA, and AZ. Overseas, have fly fished UK and NZ (North Island).
I fish (all kinds) & hunt & shoot and prefer to load/tie my own. I like to make it as personal as I can. The field&stream&range are my church, where I find my maker, where I find peace.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Elizabeth, CO.

biggerbullet...no fishing aroundhow can you bear that?looking forward to seeing your flies
Old 01-30-2011, 06:53 AM

biggerbullet is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the Welcome. Fly tying desk was damaged in the move and I have not had a chance to repare it. Also took a hit from Customs as they destroyed all my fur&feathers. A dozen capes&sadles and all the other stuff, even the antron because they didn't know stuff from shinola. Gotta get back into it though. Will be back in CO within a couple years at the most and gotta get my tackle back into stock. It will be good just to get back into tying and replace the **** I started out with (that I tied). I'm far better now.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:27 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Hi biggerbullet
Why custom did that?
Old 01-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

biggerbullet: Welcome to the forum! With a username like that I can tell you will fit in with this crowd!

So what kind of work do you do that took you from Colorado to Australia?

JP knows all about what customs can do here in the U.S., sorry about the hit on your fly tying materials and broken tying desk!

Larry

Old 01-30-2011, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
JP knows all about what customs can do here in the U.S., sorry about the hit on your fly tying materials and broken tying desk!

Larry
HINT:don't send wine foie gras and pastis to Larry...the customs officers will eat and drink them all!(:
Old 01-30-2011, 11:26 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Welcome to the forum. Let me know when you get back to CO and we will take care of that lack of fishing thing you are suffering from.

Yat's Blog: http://pleinaircolorado.blogspot.com/