The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in Mexico > Mexican Caribbean

Mexican Caribbean Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tpo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 10:25 PM

biggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nice
Default 10 Days in Play del Carmen

Ok guys and gals, I'll be in Playa del Carmen for 10 days June 15 - 25 this summer and I wondered if anyone had any advice for fishing the beaches. I'm definitely getting a guide and heading down to Ascension Bay at least once, but I'd like to be able to fish on my own, too.

Any pointers and/or advice?
Old 05-04-2013, 12:03 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10 Days in Play del Carmen

I don't really know what to tell you since I have not been there.

Maybe get a kayak and look for inlets to fish. I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't find some cruising snook or juvenile tarpon.

Let us know how it goes.

Dennis
Old 05-26-2013, 07:47 AM

runer is on a distinguished road

Why are you going to Ascension bay while you are a ferry ride away from Cozumel and which is also cheaper btw in terms of guided tours.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:11 AM

biggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer View Post
Why are you going to Ascension bay while you are a ferry ride away from Cozumel and which is also cheaper btw in terms of guided tours.
We do plan on getting a guide on Cozumel, but don't the guides on Cozumel take you to Ascension Bay?

Do you know of any good spots north of Tulum? Is the surf fishing any good just north of PdC?

Cheers,
--Rob
Old 05-27-2013, 09:07 AM

tpo has a spectacular aura abouttpo has a spectacular aura abouttpo has a spectacular aura about

Sorry I don't have any advice for you, but I was in Cancun for vacation with the family a few years ago and hired a guide one day. I think it was Isla Blanca where we fished. One of my more memorable days of fly fishing, a bunch of baby tarpon sight fishing in the mangroves and a permit on the flats. Enjoy, I'm jealous...

Tom
biggie_robs likes this.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:55 PM

runer is on a distinguished road

Have a look at this link
http://www.0031flyfishing.com/flyfis...mes-in-mexico/

Get in touch with Nacho from the link. He is very reasonable price wise and will put you on the fish. Do not hire any of the guides at the ferry terminal as they will take your cash and promise you the world but they will not pole.