The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in Mexico > Mexican Caribbean

Mexican Caribbean Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 01:42 PM

MVFLY is on a distinguished road
Default Cancun fly fishing guide

Going to Cancun in April. Any feedback on guides you have used?
Old 02-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cancun fly fishing guide

I can't help with the guide but sure would like to hear your fishing story when you return! Post pics if you have a camera and good luck on your trip.

Larry
Old 02-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi MVFLY,

I am assuming you are going on a trip and you want to fish while you are in Cancun. Or are you planning a fishing trip?

The best fishing that I know about is south of Cancun. That is where the lodges are located. If you are staying in Cancun the hotel you stay at will have information on day fishing. I would try them first. You will do a lot better if you have everything figured out before you get there.

Most of the fishing lodges are reachable by auto from Cancun. I have not fished there but we do have a member or two who has fished there. Do a search on Bone Fishing or Cancun. That may turn up the threads. If I remember correctly somebody was offering information to anyone who was interested in fishing that area.

Frank
Old 02-14-2009, 06:16 PM

Hey Frank, Yeh, I'm going to Cancun with the family and hope to do some day trips with a local guide. Rodman Hunter keeps popping up on my search's. Think he replys to everyone's request. I've fished Ambergris Ceye, Belise for bonefish. Want to try something different. Maybe sm. tarpon.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:43 PM

Thanks mcnerney, I'll do that if successful.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:48 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

MVFly: Don't worry about being successful, remember its winter here and a lot of us are stuck in the house tying flies. We would love to hear about your fishing and pictures of the area even if you get skunked! Helps pass the winter! Good luck!

Larry
Old 04-04-2009, 08:18 PM

chuckchuck is on a distinguished road

Just came back from Cancun last month. Going again in June. E-mail your phone # and I will call you with all the info. Have 2 guides and great place to stay.
Chuck
Old 04-06-2009, 08:03 AM

Thanks Chuck, But I'm leaving tomorrow morning. I booked some days with Enrique @ Cancun Flyfishing. I considered Rodman Hunter, but he never got back to me until I was already booked. I'll let you know how it goes. Post your guides today if you want. I will get a chance to see before I go. Thanks
Old 04-26-2010, 11:21 PM

macabi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVFLY View Post
Thanks Chuck, But I'm leaving tomorrow morning. I booked some days with Enrique @ Cancun Flyfishing. I considered Rodman Hunter, but he never got back to me until I was already booked. I'll let you know how it goes. Post your guides today if you want. I will get a chance to see before I go. Thanks
man I hope is not the same I hired a while back.
it was a terrible experience,, junk... he provided me with supouse to be fly fishing equipment ,,it was trash ..and he had 2 flies like number 0 crazy charlie imitation LOL. they oporate isla blanca, and advertice in hotels. etc.

next time take the time and go to punta allen ,you wont be dissapointed.

keep us posted!

Last edited by macabi; 04-27-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:07 PM

ozarkadver is on a distinguished road

Im going to cancun June 15-22 and really want to fish. Any info would be great.